Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How To Avoid Getting Caught?

L0rD_S0tH's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by rastilin@8 September 2003 - 13:55
    Considering how much illegal software one man can download given a month and total anonymity I think $200 might be a bargain. I have a few pieces of advice.

1. Use peer guardian, Kazaa comes with an automatic i.p. blocker but play it safe and get the real deal. Make sure to keep it updated regularly.

2. Don't share so much. Lately they have been even going after people who share as little as 28mb so that's no guarantee.

3. Don't share if you're using a school's connection, they are not only monitored but the schools are very interested in covering their asses.

Seriously though, make sure to at least use Peer Guardian.
    I think you coverd it pretty well. You alays take a risk, but you can take precautions to lessen that risk. Also for the love of Jebus don't share 1000's of mp3's!

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Originally posted by stonecold1203@7 September 2003 - 19:45
    Upload when you download.

Don't upload while you're not downloading.

Make it 50/50

Leaving kazaa running 24/7 is something you might not want to do.

Do your part for the kazaa community. Share, but only share what you download
    You've already STATED your a LEECH, has this changed...
    unless you want to pay 200$ a month for an overseas proxy server
    Actually as low as $9.95 per month, look at http://www.totalrc.net/s2h/index.jsp, alink I got from AS.
    Also if you want, use SOCKS5 for free, look at http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=ST...t=0#entry456457.
    look for a windex and clean your traces by whipping ur hard disk!
    Won't help, kinda after the fact.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12