Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Im New :)

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    What on Earth does this have to do with "Everything Related to the Board"

There's a "Hello I'm New Here" thread which everyone is directed to when they join.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    We got great stuff.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I think that you are missing entirely the point of both posts chalice.
    I don't require anyone to be my "friend" or treat me with any unearned respect.It's not the heat it's quite the opposite .

What I was alluding to and peat moss stated more directly is some people are too discourteous to acknowledge anyone outside of their small group's existence.

I feel that I could literally post the moon and stars and still get less response than certain individuals posting how they moved their bowels twice today.

Not a closed shop...rubbish. At some point anyone but the exceeding foolish will simply quit trying.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I don't require anyone to be my "friend" or treat me with any unearned respect.It's not the heat it's quite the opposite .

What I was alluding to and peat moss stated more directly is some people are too discourteous to acknowledge anyone outside of their small group's existence.

I feel that I could literally post the moon and stars and still get less response than certain individuals posting how they moved their bowels twice today.

Not a closed shop...rubbish. At some point anyone but the exceeding foolish will simply quit trying.
    It's human nature to gravitate to those you are familiar with and to stand off against those that you are not. At least until you reasonably assess that individual. I've had threads drop like sacks of spuds (regularly) but I don't take it personally. I tend to post whatever takes my mood at a given moment. Really. I don't waste time thinking about it. If someone chooses to challenge that, then it gives me something to do. If they don't, I'll just make up more pish tomorrow. No harm done.

People who have the confidence to post their mind, regardless of fanfare, are those, at least in my experience, who are more read and responded to. As regards to yourself and Peat (who has been here for like forever and knows how the land lies in the lounge) I think you're fairly respected (inside and outside the lounge). I certainly enjoy your (plural) posts and respond whenever the subject interests me. I know you're not looking for affirmation but as stated above, people respond more readily to those who they feel like-minded to.

Problem is, noobs don't tend to post 'the moon and the stars' very regularly. They tend to post something mind-numbingly tedious which will draw fire. You're guilty of pointing out the dross yourself. Sometimes you just can't help yourself. If it's not dross, then it's usually in the wrong section and a short, sharp shock can be educational for them and entertaining for everyone else, given the context of the lounge.

It's not a shut shop for you and it's not a shut shop for Peat. I can't imagine how you think it would be.

5. Lounge   -   #25

Why would I reply to something that I had no interest in. Or to someone who I found tedious, or offensive, or boring. I reply to what I choose to reply to, I feel no obligation to reply to anything else. I probably reply to the same people most often because I find them most interesting or entertaining.

And also, not everyone has been here for the same amount of time, so clearly people have become my correspondents over thyme. I consider you one of them btw, I hope you don't mind.

Of course it's a "closed shop", so is :earl:. However it's also an organic thing.

EDIT

I've just read Chavis' post.

Pretty much jinx.
    Last edited by JPaul; 10-25-2008 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    You're cool, like, peat, I dunno why you've gotten the idea you're not welcome. Boring needy people and/or people who stroll in without having a clue and start telling me how to behave or whatever will remain ignored, though.
    Last edited by Snee; 10-25-2008 at 11:23 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    Boring needy people who stroll in without having a clue and start telling me how to behave will remain ignored.
    Pointed.
    My thoughts precisely.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    Boring needy people who stroll in without having a clue and start telling me how to behave will remain ignored.
    Pointed.
    My thoughts precisely.
    What I get from that, is either...

you consider me boring and/or needy and you don't feel the responsibilty to respond to my posts directed at yourself or you consider me as having instructed you, in some way, how to conduct yourself in a place where I have no authority.

These feelings are derived from nothing else but the fact that I feel you felt the need to respond to an open post I made earlier in the thread which you derived as in some way negatory as per your perceived position or lack thereof in the lounge.

In other words...

For fuck sake, like.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Well said chalice , I sure miss cheese and manker . Yes very nice people in the lounge and when you help them with an invite or software problem they never forget it .

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Well said chalice , I sure miss cheese and manker . Yes very nice people in the lounge and when you help them with an invite or software problem they never forget it .

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast