Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Make Accessing The BT Invite Section By Invitation Only

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Anyway, how could you trade an invite to the invite section.

Someone would have to have their 100 (proper) posts, then be invited by someone already in the section. That person would then be (at least in part) responsible for them. That would encourage people to invite others they had gotten to know.

And also

Don't let just anyone issue invites.
    Last edited by JPaul; 08-31-2008 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    TBH I'd immediately sell my FST account on ebay if they brought this in. There I said it.
    Now go away.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    Which one.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post

Someone would have to have their 100 (proper) posts, then be invited by someone already in the section. That person would then be (at least in part) responsible for them. That would encourage people to invite others they had gotten to know.

And also

I doubt that being responsible for invitees' behaviour would make much difference.
    When I was modding there, there were so many people squealing like a stuck pig cos someone they'd invited had fucked them over by being an arsehole on that tracker; we'd have to try and sort something out when they could have saved themselves the trouble by not being a twat and being more careful with their bt invites.
    The BT section is jam packed with fucking idiots with no concept of possible recriminations of their actions.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post

And also

I doubt that being responsible for invitees' behaviour would make much difference.
    When I was modding there, there were so many people squealing like a stuck pig cos someone they'd invited had fucked them over by being an arsehole on that tracker; we'd have to try and sort something out when they could have saved themselves the trouble by not being a twat and being more careful with their bt invites.
    The BT section is jam packed with fucking idiots with no concept of possible recriminations of their actions.
    They would understand it perfectly well when you banned them along with the person they invited.

Then joined again, had to make another 100 (proper) posts and wait another month to get in the BT section. Then find someone to invite them into the section they wanted to be in all along.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Which one.
    PolarBear
    Now go away.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    Which one.
    PolarBear
    Would you consider a straight swap for my KFlint account.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post

PolarBear
    Would you consider a straight swap for my KFlint account.

PM'd...
    Now go away.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    Do we need a "middleman".

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Do we need a "middleman".
    I can volunteer to do that ..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast