Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BCG Going back 10 years

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Raban View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vip View Post
    Well i've got an account on Blackcats but i haven't logged in for a while.
    so you really don't need it ...

they first announced this about 8 weeks ago ... if you don't login to a place in 8 weeks why not just delete the bookmark you don't use it anyways.
    and with this new referal system, hopefully many uninterested noobs won't be able to join BCG. Damn, i waited for so long to get in there,as i only knew of its existence when they were no longer an open signup tracker. So i apologise if i really can't feel any pitty for those who don't actually use the site.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    I WAS using the site, logged in last week, downloaded two torrents the week before and was seeding four torrents and now I find I can't log in.

So what's that about?

BCG never informed me of any keyword thing so I'm more than slightly pissed off.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    like i have just said, we informed everyone, mass announcements, news items forum posts.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by physter View Post

BCG never informed me of any keyword thing so I'm more than slightly pissed off.
    really, no offense dude, but they have been informing members on the site, as well as here for months about this change. Somehow you obviously missed the big red letters on top of every page on the site.

once again, no offense but I find this really hard to believe.

good luck
    Go Leafs Go.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Yep, like 9000 other people I missed the big red letters. There's no accounting for that, I must be either blind or thick.

I guess it's my fault for not noticing, NOT BCGs fault for not being NOTICEABLE.

Gotta love the contempt though.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    9,000 may have got pruned, but 29,000 noticed, so again not our fucking fault.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Wow, some of the posts on here. Banning 9k members is what MAKES a good tracker GREAT. You get rid of the useless fat, and get a stronger, better, and more cohesive community. How is it even possible to argue otherwise? You didn't read the posts/pm/announcements given at least a month in advance, then you don't deserve to be part of said community, move along.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    lol .... I never was the most observant .... a pm or an email would have been nice though. The first I knew anything was up was when uTorrent flagged four torrents in red, I never was a hit-and-runner.

I'm not complaining really, but from here it does rather feel like I've been the victim of a rather callous trick because for whatever reason, whether it's because I'm the dumbest of dumbasses or bvecause I'm simply terminally unobservant I genuinely never noticed any of the warnings.

I'm only sad that I'll never get back in, I don't know anyone else on BCG, no referral for me.

I will always feel proud that I was once a member though, thanks for that at least.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    how was it a callous trick.

what would you have prefered us to do get your address and phone number when you joined up and anything important, phone everyone about a change.

honestly i believe we done everything humanly possible to inform yous, if you missed it, then its our fault, i just cant see how it was our fault at all.
    Last edited by stoi; 10-01-2008 at 08:47 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    CPC464's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    anyone who didn't create the keyword deserves to be banned. there was plenty of notice and many announcements + email, as well as being on here and similar sites.

i have only had to enter the keyword once, i jsut log straight in now, so its not the big problem everyone was making out it would be.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast