Thread: is demonoid alive??

maybe it's the ISP I guess I'll never know for sure

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ftnftw View Post
    Is the ratio thingy still broken?
    It never worked afaik, but they don't keep track

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    change your DNS servers to:

and see if it works.
    Go Leafs Go.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    my dns server??

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    yes the ratio thing is broken they need to update their script and I dont really get the old demonoid taste ... yeah the site is working btw

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner View Post
    my dns server??
    yes your DNS settings, chances are youre a Windows user so I cant give you directions how to change the settings on that crap.
    Go Leafs Go.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner View Post
    my dns server??
    yes your DNS settings, chances are youre a Windows user so I cant give you directions how to change the settings on that crap.
    If the IP doesn't work, then it isn't DNS that's the problem. The DNS is what associates the URL with the correct IP.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Pris's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I think so..

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post

If the IP doesn't work, then it isn't DNS that's the problem. The DNS is what associates the URL with the correct IP.
    DNS doesnt only translate URL's to IP addresses, ISP's can use DNS to block traffic as well.

so............ if his ISP wants to block Demonoid, they could do it by using DNS to do this, this why I suggested he changed his DNS settings AFTER someone posted the IP address.
    Last edited by puckface; 10-11-2008 at 10:03 PM.
    Go Leafs Go.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Sorry, did not know that anyone used ways like that to block sites. Should they be changed in the router or just on the computer then?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12