Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: no seedbox, no ratio, general tracker running gazelle?

k_ichigo's Avatar like.no.other BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    idk y no rar files? i couldn't find a movie on any private trackers..so i d/l from mininova and it was like a avi file 700mb. next thing i know i got an email from nbc and universal pictures stating my exact time of download. when i started and when i finished. on the same day i downloaded like a few scene movies from a private tracker and they were all rar files...i didnt get any email. so i wasn't really sure if it was the tracker or the avi file that got their attention.

so my ? is aren't rar files safer, better to seed/leech too. cuz many ppl would have parts of the file downloaded so when they're sharing wouldn't it'd be faster?

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    what would be the difference with all the open tracker out there, nothing!
    i see nothing special in what you said.
    as some1 said, not another PB or MN or even FTN.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by k_ichigo View Post
    idk y no rar files? i couldn't find a movie on any private trackers..so i d/l from mininova and it was like a avi file 700mb. next thing i know i got an email from nbc and universal pictures stating my exact time of download. when i started and when i finished. on the same day i downloaded like a few scene movies from a private tracker and they were all rar files...i didnt get any email. so i wasn't really sure if it was the tracker or the avi file that got their attention.

so my ? is aren't rar files safer, better to seed/leech too. cuz many ppl would have parts of the file downloaded so when they're sharing wouldn't it'd be faster?
    Rar files have nothing to do with that. The problem was you were announcing your progress to the public (public tracker), and anyone can see what your doing and how far along you are with that download.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    k_ichigo's Avatar like.no.other BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post

Rar files have nothing to do with that. The problem was you were announcing your progress to the public (public tracker), and anyone can see what your doing and how far along you are with that download.
    thx 4 the reply. i needed to clarify.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Mr. UKTV BT Rep: +1

Public tracker = Major fail.

Join somewhere like.....erm.....crap. I forgot the name

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by kareemamir View Post

im in private tracker, but i just couldn't find the movie "honey" any where. sad part is it wasn't even for me.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    MODERATION BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by kareemamir View Post

im in private tracker, but i just couldn't find the movie "honey" any where. sad part is it wasn't even for me.

The one with J. Alba?
    It's on TL...

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ovisan View Post

The one with J. Alba?
    It's on TL...

wow...i feel stupid now...lol thx.

its under retro. i usually look for the blue xvid icon aaaaaaaaahhhhh i got into all that trouble for nothing.

and really srry for spamming ur thread dude.
    Last edited by k_ichigo; 10-29-2008 at 06:18 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    The reason I would prefer limiting seedboxes is I feel they've taken the fun and the swarm out of torrenting. If you've got a small group of OVH boxes sharing files, its not pure, old-fashioned torrenting. I want to bring the traditional concept of the bittorrent protocol with modern style and security of gazelle. It is lightweight and has some great features that would help on a big site with lots of varied content.

I don't want rars because I want to encourage people to seed longer and seed from home.

I should note that the target audience would be members of Demonoid and users of public trackers. I would love to see this place get massive so we have some huge swarms.
    Last edited by peronibirra; 10-29-2008 at 06:25 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I do understand what you are trying to say, but why do you think Private trackers are fast, and Public trackers are slow, even if a torrent has 4000 seeders on the public tracker, and 10 seeders on the private tracker?

Its because you can only connect to so many of them, i think the default in utorrent is 350 peers total over all torrents, and/or 50 peers per torrent.

Which basically mean if you connect to just 1 seeder with a SB on a private tracker, you will max your download, but you can not connect to all seeders on a public tracker, only 50 and if each of those are seeding 50 torrents, and each of those 50 torrents have 5,000 seeders, then the swarm goes at a snails pace.

Dont get me wrong, bittorrent is great for sharing and P2P in general, just to many people treat it like kazaa/Emule and share just far to much all at once, so download speeds suffer.

big swarm will more than likely mean slower downloads, i know it sounds bloody stupid, but its the truth, because the chances of you actually connecting to a seedbox, and maxing your connection in a swarm of 5000 seeders, is a hell of a lot slimmer, than if there is 10 seeders.

that is why i can never understand our members, when they say they will wait for more seeders

A: your going to get it slower, unless the initial seeder is not on a seedbox

b: its going to be harder to get your ratio up.

Good luck in your endeaver, but I just cant see it working as you have planned tbh (lots and lots of hit and runs for a start, torrents will last a week then die, even with 20,000 members+.)

btw your argument about rars is bollocks, we have torrents from 2 years ago still on the site, with seeds and they are rared.
    Last edited by stoi; 10-29-2008 at 06:38 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast