Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodness Gracious Me - TehConnection Looks Awesome

Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Looks mighty good imo!!!
    Can you feel the LOVE

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by leechasaurus View Post
    Screens for those who got pruned?
    a review would be nice

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    yeah, it's finally a good adaptation of the gazelle concept to a specific site.
    good job indeed.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Magnum's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I'm really impressed!Looks great now!

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by noAxx View Post
    Looks good, though it did previously too. Not so nuts about some of the changes though. I'm all in favor of user uploads, but limiting it x264 is sheer madness. Hell, not even x264 does that.

I disagree!!

It's a very forward-thinking move. The scene should scrap Xvid entirely and move to x264 (like they have with HD).

XVid/DivX / .avi are way past their sell by date.

x264 / .mkv is the future of video encoding.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Maybe for people like you and I but therer is still a HUGE market for people without HDTV's and slow connections man. Honestly I think your nuts for even saying that. No offense.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    and let's not forget about all those Divx players that cost 20€, that everybody has one at their living room.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Maybe for people like you and I but therer is still a HUGE market for people without HDTV's and slow connections man. Honestly I think your nuts for even saying that. No offense.

No offence taken Detale. But I wasn't just talking about HD. For non-HD stuff with smaller file sizes, the picture quality is better with x264 than Xvid/Divx. Furthermore, people's internet connections world-wide are getting faster every day and more and more people will be able to download larger files more easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    and let's not forget about all those Divx players that cost 20€, that everybody has one at their living room.
    That's true. I've got two of them. Both are kaput and don't work anymore. That's why I bought a Popcorn Hour (which isn't that cheap I know), but it does play nearly every x264 file you can chuck at it, including HD (as well as all the older codecs like Xvid and Divx etc).

There's a cheaper option of course, from Western Digital, which has very nearly the same functionality as the Popcorn Hour for a 1/3 of the price, although it doesnt support DTS (yet).
    Last edited by Unstable1; 01-19-2009 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    what's that stuff from WD you are talking about?
    can u link it please?

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    BANNED BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    looks great, now if only the breadth of their collection was as good.
    Just wait

Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Exactly the reason we kept scene XviD. We require x264 for user encodes cuz, hey, if you're going to take the time to encode something, do it right and produce a quality product.

I'm a scene guy myself, so I love me scene releases

BTW, you guys are welcome to come on IRC for an invite if you have been pruned in the past.
    Last edited by Wi0; 01-19-2009 at 07:47 AM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast