Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on SCC's Music section

Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Hmm, so some people think that the current mp3 section is nothing more than a way to boost ratio there. Maybe, if they made it where you can't RSS just that section, added some advanced search features, maybe that perception would change.
    See ya in another life, brother.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    well there's a guide in the forum to tell how to do it iirc

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Di@monds's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    there is only few sb on mp3 section and the rest is scenemusic lover.
    Anyway mp3 section is one of the best and unique in torrentworld, just like when ftn went to no ratio system
    vision and flawless are among the best scene rls groups

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    i heard they are going to organise the mp3 section in the SCC v2 which is going to come out

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    bgh520's Avatar Freddie Mercury BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    i really love scc's music/0day section

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    horiZen's Avatar >>SSL ENCRYPTED<<
    Quote Originally Posted by Di@monds View Post
    there is only few sb on mp3 section and the rest is scenemusic lover.
    Anyway mp3 section is one of the best and unique in torrentworld, just like when ftn went to no ratio system
    very well put, i also think it is unique in the torrent world context but overall SCC is a great scene tracker. There's so many seedboxes on the majority of releases that you can max whatever pipe you running to the limit
    consistent with blazingly fast releases in most of the genres certainly make it one of my favourite 0day BT site

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by NippleCake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yayyyyyy View Post
    mp3 section is alive only due to rss... 99.9% of ppl that grab those files delete them as soon as the seeded to 1:1 or 36hours

nobody cares about what is being uploaded in there LOL

do you have any evidence that supports this claim? do you mesage everyone who downloads from the mp3 section and ask them what they do with their downloaded mp3?

I thought not

their mp3 section is great, its freeleech so if it is on there i would far rather grab it without it harming a ratio on waffles/what (where seeding is difficult) plus they get a lot of stuff that some music dedicated sites dont get, and they get all their mp3 releases before every other site, so for the people that care about pretimes it is excellent
    lol, i used that section myself to buffer like 50gb/day

it's always nice overseeding files while competing with n00bs with utorrent+rss LOL

irc + rtorrent ftw

I think that the only ppl that download from there just because they are interested into the file itself does that downloading 24hours after the release... and not immediatly is it popped out

check how many ppl grab it within the first 10minutes... and how many grab it after an hour....
    100% of the peers are "download bots"
    there's no sane person that would keep hitting "refresh" while waiting a new album that MIGHT come out

something might change if they added at least a genre classification... (like GFT and ScT already do )
    Last edited by yayyyyyy; 01-25-2009 at 02:34 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    TSOL, I remember a guy on SCC with a roach avatar suggesting that on one of their big packs and he got seriously flamed on the page.

But I guess in the end he got what he wanted eh?

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    There's a few reggae scene groups who's releases make it to the SCC MP3 section. I can't find em anywhere else. That's what I use it for. Never get any ratio on them tho'. Then again, I actually get the stuff I want because I want it.
    Now go away.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Are you sure a scene V2 release can only be found on SCC?

Maybe somewhere like SoftMP3 or such?

Tell me a recent example of a release you were able to find, I'll see if it's a fact.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast