Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thoughts on SCC's Music section

there is no point trying to build a buffer on the mp3's seeing as they have a fatty archive section which has packs so you can actually upload a decent amount (rather than maybe a gigabyte of an album) plus with so much of it being freeleech, there isnt much use for a buffer on scc. and like benchez says as well, scc gets a lot of music that other sites simply do not get.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestoned View Post
    Are you sure a scene V2 release can only be found on SCC?

Maybe somewhere like SoftMP3 or such?

Tell me a recent example of a release you were able to find, I'll see if it's a fact.
    I mostly get the new dancehall riddim albums. I think one of the groups that release them is called SPLiFF or something else.
    Now go away.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Indeed, they don't really filter out the VA albums and try to make their new scene releases as complete as possible.

VA-DJ Rondon Presents-Dancehall Reggae 53-(Bootleg)-2009-YVP
    VA-Supersonic - Done with the War - Dancehall Vol. 23-Bootleg-2008-hbZ
    I couldn't find the following releases on other 0day trackers and is only on SCC.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    TSOL, I remember a guy on SCC with a roach avatar suggesting that on one of their big packs and he got seriously flamed on the page.

But I guess in the end he got what he wanted eh?
    Haha I remember that too, that's what I was referring to earlier Well I'm personally glad that the uploaders were too lazy to make packs cause I like individual uploads more.
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 01-25-2009 at 05:53 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    TSOL, I remember a guy on SCC with a roach avatar suggesting that on one of their big packs and he got seriously flamed on the page.

But I guess in the end he got what he wanted eh?
    Haha I remember that too, that's what I was referring to earlier Well I'm personally glad that the uploaders were too lazy to make packs cause I like individual uploads more.
    Well, what NippleCake has said was extremely right TBH.
    There isn't much to get a buffer to on MP3s when there are archives, I think the few currently RSS'ing the MP3s would be mostly staffs of SCC or such.

So they finally did individual releases because they were too lazy to make the custom packs?

I thought they were kind enough to actually listen to what their members have to say, now my conclusion would be that most elite 0day trackers would never take what their normal members suggestion into consideration.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    they're also doing individual torrents for tv/dvdrip episodes in the archive section as well. i have no idea why.

if i cared enough to post a suggestion on scc's forums it would to make all VA stuff in packs and leave the rest separate.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by NippleCake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yayyyyyy View Post
    mp3 section is alive only due to rss... 99.9% of ppl that grab those files delete them as soon as the seeded to 1:1 or 36hours

nobody cares about what is being uploaded in there LOL

do you have any evidence that supports this claim? do you mesage everyone who downloads from the mp3 section and ask them what they do with their downloaded mp3?

I thought not

their mp3 section is great, its freeleech so if it is on there i would far rather grab it without it harming a ratio on waffles/what (where seeding is difficult) plus they get a lot of stuff that some music dedicated sites dont get, and they get all their mp3 releases before every other site, so for the people that care about pretimes it is excellent
    Well to me it looks pretty obvious. Every mp3 release has around 50 snatches. So sure some people grab them but in seems like there is at least the same 40 people rssing the whole section.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123