Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: give away bitmetv 3x

DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    it's kind of you to take the risk and give invites to strangers. but i just want to give you a piece of advice.. thinking that everyone here is good people as you claimed in one of the posts is very ignorant and naive.

a little over a year ago when i was a newb i gave out some invites here. i tried to select good members by checking their post history, making them read the tracker rules and faq etc, and yet i managed to invite the same guy to bitme twice the same day (dupe fst accounts). this guy also turned out to be selling invites from his bitme accounts, which resulted in my account being banned for life.

bottomline is, you always have to be careful when inviting people, and being too trusting WILL sooner or later result in a knife in the back. i learned this the hard way.

EDIT: i'm not saying that anyone you invited now is bad apples. it's more of a general advice to anyone who's planning to invite strangers on a public forum.. trusting that everyone is good and honest people (as you seemed to imply) is a goodhearted but also a foolish position. being aware of this and still decide to give invites in public means that you're also willing to face the consequenses if you make a mistake.
    Last edited by danio; 02-09-2009 at 02:07 PM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #42
    Rafa's Avatar ... BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by danio View Post
    a little over a year ago when i was a newb i gave out some invites here. i tried to select good members by checking their post history, making them read the tracker rules and faq etc, and yet i managed to invite the same guy to bitme twice the same day (dupe fst accounts). this guy also turned out to be selling invites from his bitme accounts, which resulted in my account being banned for life.
    That's sucks...

Even at the risk, people even check the member post history before invite someone.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345