Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: x264, does it still exist (the tracker =p)

MODERATION BT Rep: +2
    sdbits has better encodes.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    it seems to be a great tracker and i'm more and more interested by x264 encodes (Sdbits is also nice but it's not online as long as x264 is).
    btw, i don't know if there's a dedicated section for external subtitles or if they're always included in the torrent description but it would be nice if a member could tell me approximatly the proportion of french subs available in the tracker (also those included in videos if possible).

thanks in advance.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    it seems to be a great tracker and i'm more and more interested by x264 encodes (Sdbits is also nice but it's not online as long as x264 is).
    btw, i don't know if there's a dedicated section for external subtitles or if they're always included in the torrent description but it would be nice if a member could tell me approximatly the proportion of french subs available in the tracker (also those included in videos if possible).

thanks in advance.
    help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    I guess x264 has improved a lot since I was a member there about a year ago. I let my account die because I wasn't that impressed with it.

Having said that, I wasnt really interested in x264 until I got a decent telly later last year, so I guess I joined x264 at the wrong time.

I think I'll have to get myself back in there (that's not a hint or subtle request for an invite from anyone here, I don't get my invites from FST, no disrespect).
    Last edited by Unstable1; 02-12-2009 at 04:50 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100

thanks in advance.
    do you use sites such as subscene for subs? even if they aren't included, it can take mere seconds to download any subs you want. just make sure they are for the same scene release. i guess since x264 encodes aren't necessarily scene encodes this may not help, but the compromise for you would be to download a scene release to get the proper subs.
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 02-12-2009 at 04:52 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    unfortunately, subscene rarely provide french subs for x264 releases since they're not necessarily scene encodes as you stated in your post.
    anwyay, i just wanted to now if there was a sub section at x264 such as sdbits one (dox.php). if yes, it would be nice to tell me the amount of french subs available. thanks.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post

thanks in advance.
    do you use sites such as subscene for subs? even if they aren't included, it can take mere seconds to download any subs you want. just make sure they are for the same scene release. i guess since x264 encodes aren't necessarily scene encodes this may not help, but the compromise for you would be to download a scene release to get the proper subs.
    they use the same source most of the times, so the subs come synchronised 90% chance.
    that's what i get from my experience so far.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    the fact is that subscene don't offer many french subs and it's always appreciated when subs are included in the video or even available in a special section where i know they are synched.

thanks anyway.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    but aren't there specialized french subtitles sites?
    we have one in PT that has EVERYTHING for every release.

also, i suppose you guys know of opensubtitles , yes?

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    yeah of course, i know plenty of sites including the famous opensubtitles.org but they rarely offer ripped subs from original dvds so i often need to synchronize them by myself and i must admit that it's getting annoying.
    i'm not necessarily looking for subs for new releases nor any particular films but it would be nice to know if x264 has a decent amount of french subs (even if i can settle with english ones) so i would have no need to search for them nor synchronizing anything.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast