Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to get sound from computer to TV?

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Well I'm flummoxed then.

• If the HDMI cable quality is suitable, that isn't the problem.
    • It shouldn't be the graphics card as I've been reading around and there are plenty of people running similar setups successfully with a much lesser GPU.
    • I don't think its drivers or codecs because the exact same video plays flawlessly on my monitor(s). The TV is under the same setup and is merely a third monitor.
    • I don't think its a memory issue as again, it plays perfectly on my monitor(s).

I honestly don't know what else to try...

yo

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Well I'm flummoxed then.

• It shouldn't be the graphics card as I've been reading around and there are plenty of people running similar setups successfully with a much lesser GPU.
    • I don't think its drivers or codecs because the exact same video plays flawlessly on my monitor(s). The TV is under the same setup and is merely a third monitor.
    • I don't think its a memory issue as again, it plays perfectly on my monitor(s).

Make sure that if you are going to play HD video then you do 'Not' have the codecs selected to upscale the video

Only have the codecs selected to upscale the video if you are going to play video that is less then around 900 x 500 pixels, and over somewhere around 500 x 250 pixels

Another thing, if you are playing the Blu Ray from a Blu Ray drive then if you have the Dynamic Noise Control (DNC) turned on then make sure to turn it 'off', it limits how fast the Blu Ray disc spins, but it might be chocking the speed of getting the info from the Blu Ray to the computer

Another thing that it might be is your windows installation might be going downhill, if it is then it is common for the video playback to be affected that way, also general slowing of every other resource demanding app of the computer, also your free space might be too low, and spyware, adware, and viruses

I have to reinstall windows about every 4 months because of the demand that I put on it so I know a thing or two about this
    Last edited by MackDaddy; 03-28-2009 at 01:35 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    How would one go about that?

Wouldn't that be a VLC setting anyway and not a codec thing?

yo

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    VLC should out put it just fine...I have no idea either, that's strange...do this if you know how to run a Virtual Machine...you can install Windows in that and run your movie in the VM to your TV and see if you get the fluxered video if you do then shit I have gotta a clue, but if plays it fine something is funky with your install.
    [center]

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by MackDaddy View Post
    Well I'm flummoxed then.

Make sure that if you are going to play HD video then you do 'Not' have the codecs selected to upscale the video

Only have the codecs selected to upscale the video if you are going to play video that is less then around 900 x 500 pixels, and over somewhere around 500 x 250 pixels

Another thing, if you are playing the Blu Ray from a Blu Ray drive then if you have the Dynamic Noise Control (DNC) turned on then make sure to turn it 'off', it limits how fast the Blu Ray disc spins, but it might be chocking the speed of getting the info from the Blu Ray to the computer

Another thing that it might be is your windows installation might be going downhill, if it is then it is common for the video playback to be affected that way, also general slowing of every other resource demanding app of the computer, also your free space might be too low, and spyware, adware, and viruses

I have to reinstall windows about every 4 months because of the demand that I put on it so I know a thing or two about this
    There's nothing to upscale. It's BluRay and thus already 1080.

I also don't have any Windows issues as this install is a mere two weeks old.

I'm going to order another HDMI cable just in case.
    Last edited by Skizo; 03-28-2009 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yo

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    BTW if you're using VLC, have you tried using WMP or media player classic or some other program? And if you're using some other program, did you try VLC?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    There's a release, PowerDVD that you could alternatively try, it's has full BD support, it might work and it might not, just throwing some ideas out there, but VLC should work fine, weird, weird
    [center]

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    How would one go about that?

Wouldn't that be a VLC setting anyway and not a codec thing?
    First of all I should say that I don't know if ffdshow works with vlc player, but this is how upscaling is selected and disabled with ffdshow

I have only used 'ffdshow' from the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack installation to upscale video, this example is with using ffdshow

Go to start, programs, K-Lite Codec Pack, configuration, and then ffdshow video decoder

Then make sure that:

'Resize and Aspect' is 'Not' checked

'Sharpen' is 'Not' checked

I usually don't have 'Blur & NR' checked

But make sure to not have ffdshow selected to upscale when you are going to play HD video, otherwise it will play it at many times the amount of pixels of the HD video, for example I set the ffdshow upscale at 2 times, what that does is it doubles the height, and it doubles the width, that makes the video have 4 times the resolution, when I have the ffdshow upscaling the video with that setting while playing BluRay at 1080p then it plays it choppy because it is playing it at around 3840 x 2160 pixels instead of around 1920 x 1080 pixels

But when you are not playing HD video then go ahead and select ffdshow to upscale the video

Make sure to get the CoreAVC Professional Codec as well, it makes the H.264 HD video play smoother, BluRay's and also MKV is in H.264

Another thing is I use Media Player Classic that comes with the K-Lite Codec Pack

Thumbnails attached
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.JPG (162.3 KB, 1 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.JPG (155.6 KB, 1 views)
    Last edited by MackDaddy; 03-28-2009 at 07:39 PM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    all you need is CoreAVC + klite codec pack, after installing go into ffdshow video settings and in codecs settings, disable the h.264/avc decoder, so that coreavc will be used instead of ffdshow... watch stuff with media player classic.

this applies if you are watching 1080p blu-ray rips (mkvs).. if you actually have a blu-ray disk drive and are watching blu-ray disks.. then i dunno, try PowerDVD.
    Last edited by colt45joe; 03-28-2009 at 08:12 PM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by colt45joe View Post
    all you need is CoreAVC + klite codec pack, after installing go into ffdshow video settings and in codecs settings, disable the h.264/avc decoder, so that coreavc will be used instead of ffdshow... watch stuff with media player classic.

this applies if you are watching 1080p blu-ray rips (mkvs).. if you actually have a blu-ray disk drive and are watching blu-ray disks.. then i dunno, try PowerDVD.
    That is actually summed up very well

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast