Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How to get sound from computer to TV?

Quote Originally Posted by MackDaddy View Post

That is actually summed up very well
    yeh.. dude, what were you going on about? you posted too much information that wasn't necessary...
    Last edited by colt45joe; 03-28-2009 at 08:30 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by colt45joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MackDaddy View Post

That is actually summed up very well
    yeh.. dude, what were you going on about? you posted too much information that wasn't necessary...
    Well, with codecs there are a lot of variables and even though it is good to also sum up the detailed steps after explaining them, it is still necessary to cover these variables considering how the current installation of codecs is probably having errors, and having to reinstall them over again, without the boring extra details about reinstalling K-Lite Codec Pack twice the codecs that were having errors would continue to have the same errors, and the detailed steps about where to go to disable the setting to allow the coreavc codec to be used instead of the open source codec for h.264, I don't mind taking the time

One thing though, people that know about computers don't get offended when someone spends the time to leave no questions unanswered about things like this

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    WMP Classic plays it just fine. Who woulda thunk it? Odd that VLC doesn't.

Got a 10ft cable for sound today - 3.5mm -> RCA.

Free BluRay movies FTW!!1

Many thanks for all the brainstorming and suggestions y'all.
    Last edited by Skizo; 03-29-2009 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yo

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Ac3Dunk's Avatar S.O.P-Laf BT Rep: +5
    I do hav the same issue iwd BD movies,all I do is play the vedio on my LCD using a HDMI cable and the audio from my PC sound card( I hav a Z5500 Speakers hooked to my pc).
    did you find a solution to get the audio to work directly from your PC to ur LCD ?,
    #zEdit; FST is bad, it's like drugs. Mkay?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ac3Dunk View Post
    I do hav the same issue iwd BD movies,all I do is play the vedio on my LCD using a HDMI cable and the audio from my PC sound card( I hav a Z5500 Speakers hooked to my pc).
    did you find a solution to get the audio to work directly from your PC to ur LCD ?,
    Read the post above yours.

yo

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    You could also get a sound card like the "X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series" which is what I have. It has Optical in and optical out. HD Movies never sounded this good

I have my TV connected to my computer with a DVI to HDMI cable as well. I use it as a 3rd monitor and I use my sound card for audio. My speakers also have Optical input. have the Logitech Z-5500 Digital speakers.

However the cheapest would probably be going with the cable that MackDaddy mentioned.
    Last edited by saulin; 04-07-2009 at 04:14 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234