Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is SuperSearch worth it?

Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Ok I submitted this file to

http://virusscan.jotti.org/

and according to that site kaspersky AV should pick it up as not-a-virusSWTool.Win32.Messen.bh as well.

However I get no warning or anything. It says that is ok. I'm using the lastest 2009 AV and the difinitions from today. I tested it on 2 computers. I tried to submit the file to Kaspersky but they have a stupid limit of 1.5MB and even compressed is bigger than that, well both files seem to be infected. I guess is time to change AV too. Even though apparantely Kaspersky should be picking this up.

2. Newsgroups   -   #32
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Go to VirusTotal and look around and you can get some good comparisions on the AVs.
    [center]

3. Newsgroups   -   #33
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Kaspersky is supposed to be at the top along with NOD32. I have kaspersky on 2 computers at home and NOD32 on the other 2.
    Last edited by saulin; 05-06-2009 at 08:00 PM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #34
    Yeah, I've generally stuck with AVG and Avira and Avast, until recently I started using NOD, so KAS is fine, like I said, if Kas says it's fine it very well could be, I am not a AV expert so I can not say for sure if it's a TRUE virus or not.
    [center]

5. Newsgroups   -   #35
    I didn't get any warnings on my Avira Security Suite. I do like the free supersearch.

6. Newsgroups   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    Posted on usenet, then posted to VDOWN, then posted to a few other sites that might have a workig fix for it

And yes that contains the "un touched" contributed download exe
    This is the thanks? Well, at least I know not to waste my time again.

-Hecks

7. Newsgroups   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Hecks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    Posted on usenet, then posted to VDOWN, then posted to a few other sites that might have a workig fix for it

And yes that contains the "un touched" contributed download exe
    This is the thanks? Well, at least I know not to waste my time again.

-Hecks
    Hmmmm, I didn't post that to usenet, I found it there, I did not post it to VD someone else did, and did not at other warez sites as well, but no one has cracked it or is working tooooooo crack it because they don't want to..so it's pointless to get upset, since, I did not post it, second I did not donate, so how do I have the untouched exe? Someone at the Alt.binz forums is obviously pissed at the admins/mods and did this. That was just some info I dug up, besides the forum it's posted at it's internal, and "rarely" does anything leak or get pre'd/posted else where.

BTW, if it's hacking password it's hacking legit users who are for whatever reason installing this and using a password username, may I ask why they would do that? That sounds, well, you know, not smart.
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 05-08-2009 at 11:15 PM.
    [center]

8. Newsgroups   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Hecks View Post
    Donations: well, this seems to be a situation in which the dev can never win. He introduced the minimum amount just recently in response to complaints that there *wasn't* one, lol. That still makes Alt.Binz half the cost at least of clients such as Newsleecher, Newsrover, Newsbin Pro, etc. The usenet community tends to think a bit differently than the P2P community about these things, I find. What we all understand is that having a really good client is absolutely vital
    -Hecks
    IMHO Your beloved news client is not that good.

Sorry
    Last edited by cimithan; 05-11-2009 at 03:52 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234