Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How do these trackers recruit members??

1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

Seems a bit mercenary to my taste . I'm a damn good person in RL and sometimes that entails saying what you really think even if it's off putting ( and it is ) to some . Besides I never choose who to be friendly with based on stature but rather shared opinions or interests ( so I don't have many ) .

Btw you said right places.Are there any wrong places to make friends?
    Lol, it's late over here. Of course there aren't wrong places, but don't expect that everyone here has invites to everywhere. Actually the percentage of such people here is very low (because of the sheer number of members here) and sadly most of these aren't as active here as they used to be.

Saying what you think is allright as long as you have good arguments. I've only had problems with that at 1 place so far (you know where as you've posted in the thread there). Also a little sugar coating doesn't hurt (so that it doesn't come out as insults (but again that just shows your personality, I like to be polite and it goes a long way...). there's a line between sugar coating and ass kissing ofc.

PS: I'm tired, good night.
    You've basically said you make friends with people to get their invites. Maybe you should reread your posts before pressing submit
    Last edited by TrueSounds; 07-09-2009 at 11:45 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Zip's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bz0r View Post
    these trackers dont go about on a recruiting spree..thats for sure.
    Actually, they do.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueSounds View Post
    You're basically said you make friends with people to get their invites. Maybe you should reread your posts before pressing submit
    At least he admits what everyone else knows about him.
    no surprises there.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    beshawn's Avatar The Unseen
    Trusted members get the invites, and invite trusted members with them. 'Trusted' doesn't always mean the most worthy mind you.

Some places you'd be hard pressed to join without knowing staff in one way or another; there's always the chance you may know staff, but not be aware of it

If you are really aspiring to join places like this, it will be much easier if you are giving something back to the [bittorrent] community as a whole. Take from that what you will.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by beshawn View Post
    If you are really aspiring to join places like this, it will be much easier if you are giving something back to the [bittorrent] community as a whole. Take from that what you will.
    yeah,find a database with site nicks and IPs of all the RIAA/MPAA snitches in BT..should be a piece of cake.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueSounds View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post

Lol, it's late over here. Of course there aren't wrong places, but don't expect that everyone here has invites to everywhere. Actually the percentage of such people here is very low (because of the sheer number of members here) and sadly most of these aren't as active here as they used to be.

Saying what you think is allright as long as you have good arguments. I've only had problems with that at 1 place so far (you know where as you've posted in the thread there). Also a little sugar coating doesn't hurt (so that it doesn't come out as insults (but again that just shows your personality, I like to be polite and it goes a long way...). there's a line between sugar coating and ass kissing ofc.

PS: I'm tired, good night.
    You've basically said you make friends with people to get their invites. Maybe you should reread your posts before pressing submit
    Not just to get invites. I've got plenty of friends from which I won't get a single invite. I will probably give them invites. Saying that you make friends on such forums, just to be able to talk to them is just wrong. That's the wrong way, the way of lying to yourself and others.

You tell me that you made a friend that was a member of a tracker you had wanted to join and you never even thought of asking him if he could be possibly able to get you in and I'll show you a liar.

In time you probably will find people online that have the same interests as you (I'm talking about RL here, say they like the same sports, work in the same field, study in the same field, etc.) and it might just happen that they are way more important than you in the BT community as a whole. That's what happened to me at least and I know I'm not alone.

For me it's important to hang out with people of different ages. And I have found them at one place (we can all agree that 95% of FST members are teens or people in their early 20s). I really consider a lot of people there as my friends and we talk about other stuff than BT most of the time.

PS: Cabalo, I'm not in the e-drama profession anymore, so I guess you'll be lonely from now on.

PS2: I never asked any of my friends for an invite, they were offered.

PS3: If I only make friends to get invites from them, then why am I poting here? To bash people?!
    Last edited by The_Martinator; 07-10-2009 at 07:20 AM.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Whatever4m's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    on a side note...
    If all the members on these trackers are as trusted as they claim...why on the other day I found on some other forum (not here) an a**hole trying 2 sell his u*-* account for 200 bucks???!!!

I know he may be a scammer that'll probably husle u but what if he's really on the tracker??
    Does a guy like him deserve 2 be on such a tracker??!!
    how did he enter here in the first place??!!
    Last edited by Whatever4m; 07-10-2009 at 10:36 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatever4m View Post
    on a side note...
    If all the members on these trackers are as trusted as they claim...why on the other day I found on some other forum (not here) an a**hole trying 2 sell his u*-* account for 200 bucks???!!!

I know he may be a scammer that'll probably husle u but what if he's really on the tracker??
    Does a guy like him deserve 2 be on such a tracker??!!
    how did he enter here in the first place??!!
    Because idiots like the folks here trade accounts making security and care with invites a moot point. Honestly it all comes down to who you know. Meeting folks in IRC is a big part of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    PackMeIn Staff
    Believe it or not these trackers do recruit members. There are precious few threads out there for some, and none for others but there are a few staffers everywhere that'll sometimes just go out and see if there are some decent people worth inviting. Generally people who make these kinds of threads tend not to get such invites.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    To label all members as Idiots is ignorant.Same as any forum, There are good and not so good members here!

Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post

Because idiots like the folks here trade accounts making security and care with invites a moot point. Honestly it all comes down to who you know. Meeting folks in IRC is a big part of it.
    Last edited by pone44; 07-10-2009 at 09:17 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast