Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Free Webspace

Originally posted by Xilo@4 October 2003 - 12:51
    www.1and1.com

They are offering a promo package if you live in Canada or the United States. You get 500 mb of space, 5 gigs of traffic, mySQL support, frontpage support, 50 pop3 email address, 50 subdomains, email forwarding, and a bunch of other stuff. All this is FREE for 3 years. If you want to, you can also sign up for a regular domain name for $6 a year.
    Whats the catch?
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by I.am+4 October 2003 - 17:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (I.am &#064; 4 October 2003 - 17:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Xilo@4 October 2003 - 12:51
    www.1and1.com

They are offering a promo package if you live in Canada or the United States. You get 500 mb of space, 5 gigs of traffic, mySQL support, frontpage support, 50 pop3 email address, 50 subdomains, email forwarding, and a bunch of other stuff. All this is FREE for 3 years. If you want to, you can also sign up for a regular domain name for &#036;6 a year.
    Whats the catch? [/b][/quote]
    I am about to sign up with these guys just to see if this is all true.They sent me a E-MAIL after I signed up and want a Phone Number to send a Pin number.Over the Phone?

But there has to be some catch.After 3 Years I am sure they want something.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    They have called 2 times.I gave them the Phone Number Twice.Both times I Pick up the Phone and say hello.....it hangs up.

What am I suppose to do.....just Pick up the Phone?

"Within the next half hour, you will receive a call from the automated authentication system that will announce your 4-digit PIN.

Make sure to have a pen and paper available to write down your PIN.You will need it to set up your free Professional Package.

If you do not catch the PIN the first time, press 1 and the system
    will repeat the PIN (touchtone required)."

That is what the E-Mail says.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    They just called again and they keep hanging up&#33;They call again I am takeing the Phone off the Hook&#33;

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by RedRival@4 October 2003 - 18:46
    Hostultra&#39;s got a friggin good ip tracking system.

it does it job real well in telling whether your IP is from the US (or an English country; english website) or whether you are trying to make a duplicate account.

I had an old account at hostultra before but I lost it. And now it&#39;s impossible for me to sign up for another account.

freewebspace forums

the free hosting discussion has one of the best links to gd host ever.
    didn&#39;t anyone try my link at all??

Believe me, you&#39;re missing out

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by RedRival+13 October 2003 - 05:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RedRival &#064; 13 October 2003 - 05:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RedRival@4 October 2003 - 18:46
    Hostultra&#39;s got a friggin good ip tracking system.

it does it job real well in telling whether your IP is from the US (or an English country; english website) or whether you are trying to make a duplicate account.

I had an old account at hostultra before but I lost it. And now it&#39;s impossible for me to sign up for another account.

freewebspace forums

the free hosting discussion has one of the best links to gd host ever.
    didn&#39;t anyone try my link at all??

Believe me, you&#39;re missing out [/b][/quote]
    I do not want a Forum.I have this one....my Home.I need Webspace to show off my Music Collection.

100+MB of Space needed.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    MusicChick's Avatar Poster
    Try www.freewebs.com. They have 100 mb of space. But read everything first.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    That Place I gave my Phone Number to was offering 500MB.I knew it was too good to be true.

They keep calling and hanging up.Lets see how the Better Business Bureau likes it when I report them&#33;

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Forum Star
    i dont know if this is of any use, but i stumbled across this place a few days ago

http://www.1asphost.com/

i&#39;ve just been using it as a host for some files, and i didnt bother with the small print but it might be worth a look

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    http://www.clickherefree.com/Free_We...irectory.shtml

try lookin at that link... its a search engine and you can select the features u want for a webpage...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast