Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Trading BAD?

BANNED
    /me always late to the party

@albo i know youre not against trading, and dupe accounts, but do you really want our opinions on this ?

Where have u been ? This place is not the same without you :p

ps: Trading bad or not, doesn't matter, the guy who made the tracker, doesn't want it so, just follow his rules, and shut up.

Make your own tracker, and recruit all your friends, let them trade, and giveaway, whatever.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick_andy View Post
    GiveAway = is a one way communication. i.e. people giving out trackers to those in need of it.

Request = is a one way communication i.e. people asking tracker for their needs.

So Combine both GiveAway+Request = Trading.

Trading = Two way communication where communication occurs from both side and both may be in need of it or may not.

All these three have their own advantages and disadvantages.

In brief both are same, only we people are *U*ked up. and start taking one side or other side. Nothing is bad or good mate. If u want something then It doesn't matter whether its right or wrong. No one is Saint.
    BRo this is just awesome .. I think this is as relevant to Bit Torrent as The theory of relativity is to Physics ..
    Well done ... I just hope you dont die early like all the other prodigies as evident from the history..
    This is probably the dumbest thing I have read in a long, long time. So bad, in fact, that I am going to take nOObzOr's advice (see my sig for details).

Oh, BTW, this "theory" fails in philosophy (ethics) and also from a communications standpoint. Good luck with that MENSA app!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Where have u been ? This place is not the same without you :p
    Yes you bring joy and happiness to this place .

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Yoann64's Avatar El Niņo Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick_andy View Post
    GiveAway = is a one way communication. i.e. people giving out trackers to those in need of it.

Request = is a one way communication i.e. people asking tracker for their needs.

So Combine both GiveAway+Request = Trading.

Trading = Two way communication where communication occurs from both side and both may be in need of it or may not.
    Simple as mathematics:

Trading = Banned
    Cheating = Banned
    GiveAway = Banned (Sometimes) or 1 Warning
    HnR = Warning
    2 Warnings = Banned

Then :
    Banned = Trading = Cheating = 2xHnR = 2xWarnings = GiveAway (or 2xGiveAways)
    Bienvenida Mamacita - I'm in ruta Babylon - Bienvenida La Juana - Tequila, sexo, marihuana. (M.Chao)

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    hagckz0r's Avatar Dreams Come True BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Does trading hurt your leg?
    Last edited by hagckz0r; 09-18-2009 at 11:46 AM.
    I'll reply you like no one else

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    User A wants a movie tracker(eg-KG) and User B wants a music tracker(eg-Waffles) ,they're both good users and know how to keep a good ratio and exchange their invites and become great members of their invited sites. This is essentially trading and I can't see what's wrong with it.

Trading is bad if its done just for the fun of it or when the user just wants to take a peek into these highly sought after trackers and never utilise them properly.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    indeed, it completely depends on the way it is done.
    for example, many good KG users have no interest in talking about BT in external forums: being aware of the new trends and the complex ethical 'rules' that predominate in this kind of communities is the least of their worries... that's the reason why some of them trade invites to get into trackers they want to be a part of, and trust me, there's nothing evil in this approach. i mean, they don't trade for the fun and they generally aren't experienced in this practice... they simply consider trading as an exchange of friendly services and the fastest way to obtain what they are looking for, nothing more nothing less.
    unfortunately, most traders from bittorrent forums are into 'level escalation' and are perverted by all this importance people attach to trackers... it makes you wonder...
    Last edited by cinephilia; 09-18-2009 at 01:59 PM.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    lisabritpop's Avatar godwillblesslisa
    Trading.....maybe its a good way to get high level tracker....but it may also destroy one's torrenting life.....everyone has his own way of thinking.
    Misfortune tests the sincerity of friends.....

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by lisabritpop View Post
    Trading.....maybe its a good way to get high level tracker....but it may also destroy one's torrenting life.....everyone has his own way of thinking.
    It "destroys" your torrenting "life" because the site owners disapprove of it. And rightfully so! If they wanted an open-to-the-public tracker, they would make *any guesses here...?* an open-to-the-public tracker.

On the same note, good users who signup (properly) for private trackers like *any guesses this time...?* private trackers.

Trading disrespects the owners and staff who donate their time, energy, and (often) money. It also has the potential to allow in users who would otherwise not be welcome.

Great Q, OP.

BTW, this post is not aimed at you lisa. Just expanding on what you said.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    indeed, it completely depends on the way it is done.
    for example, many good KG users have no interest in talking about BT in external forums: being aware of the new trends and the complex ethical 'rules' that predominate in this kind of communities is the least of their worries... that's the reason why some of them trade invites to get into trackers they want to be a part of, and trust me, there's nothing evil in this approach. i mean, they don't trade for the fun and they generally aren't experienced in this practice... they simply consider trading as an exchange of friendly services and the fastest way to obtain what they are looking for, nothing more nothing less.
    unfortunately, most traders from bittorrent forums are into 'level escalation' and are perverted by all this importance people attach to trackers... it makes you wonder...
    Trading, swapping or whatever you call it has always been a part of society. Usually when there are prices involved, though. I bet if someone educated the people you're mentioning how easy it is to get into the trackers they want, they would have no need to trade.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast