Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Trading BAD?

Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I was kind of not serious at the first part but i sure damn believe the second part "Trading is also an excuse to disable as many accounts as possible so more invites are sold.. i have an old post explaining how trackers make more money by disabling accounts..(take bitmetv, BTmusic for example)

and I had a good theory how trackers make money by disabling traders but i dont feel like going over it atm

but anyway this thread was just to get some activity going. the mods are better off closing it unless you guys still want to discuss trading after the millionth time
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 09-22-2009 at 04:29 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    nvm
    Last edited by megabyteme; 09-22-2009 at 10:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    sheriff 01's Avatar Safety First! BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    When i first joined here at fst i did not quite understand how and why trading was bad. I dabbled in a couple of trades and even did many giveaways. I came
    to realize that my actions could possibly be jeopardizing the trackers security measures so i stopped trading alltogether. I still continued on though with my sometimes
    insane giveaways but eventually i ended that as well because many respected members pointed out that giveaways are just as bad as trading. In all honesty though i can
    only recall maybe 1 member from here that burned me in my giveaways, so not all members here are bad. Overall i will definately say that trading or givaways is wrong and
    if one must do so then it should be approached with serious caution.
    Last edited by sheriff 01; 09-22-2009 at 11:09 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    BANNED
    yea trading is bad u get banned for it

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    I was kind of not serious at the first part but i sure damn believe the second part "Trading is also an excuse to disable as many accounts as possible so more invites are sold.. i have an old post explaining how trackers make more money by disabling accounts..(take bitmetv, BTmusic for example)

and I had a good theory how trackers make money by disabling traders but i dont feel like going over it atm

but anyway this thread was just to get some activity going. the mods are better off closing it unless you guys still want to discuss trading after the millionth time
    blablabla... thats why u had more than 2 acc at bitmtv

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    cap87's Avatar wait, what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad-Day View Post

blablabla... thats why u had more than 2 acc at bitmtv

and god knows how much more dupes in the other trackers

But i guess Albo already found out the disadvantage in doing this... getting banned, and not only from those trackers

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Oh-oh, the wrath is about to be unleashed upon you two!!
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Insecurity!

Most users won't be hardcore sceners and bust the tracker and the uploaders...but there is a chance.

Always ask for proof that they'll seed too.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    yea trading is bad u get banned for it
    That's a consequence not a reason.

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13

well, perhaps a select few trackers may be more monetarily driven than the majority .. i'll admit. but, just to classify all trackers as doing this or being in this type of mindset is ridiculous.. most trackers just hope to get enough to cover costs (which there are many) and maybe a bit more for cushion purposes only. not every tracker is out there solely to make money as you suggest.
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast