Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: astraweb

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    It's fine now, it just farted....

Also, means, no TV post probably for awhile now either, auto posters use Astraweb.

Reason they went down

"There was a problem with the authentication system which caused all connections to be dropped. This lasted for about 1.5 to 2 hours. This has now been fixed.

Steps are being taken to ensure the error does not occur again in the future.

We apologize for any inconvenience."
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 10-13-2009 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [center]

2. Newsgroups   -   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    It's fine now, it just farted....

Also, means, no TV post probably for awhile now either, auto posters use Astraweb.
    Yep, running here too, a little slow though. Most of the TV looks good, I'm sure the auto-posters have a backup server or two. Looks like everything is complete so peering must have been unaffected.

3. Newsgroups   -   #33
    Yeah, speeds were normal at first and once everyone realized there were back up, I was getting like 21kb/s, horrible, so everyone was overloading them all at once. So now it's still slow, flucuating big time right now, I can see there servers are clogged right now, I'm sure it will still be a few more hours till everything is completely sorted.
    [center]

4. Newsgroups   -   #34
    A few days ago there was a cable cut in the Atlantic. Earlier they were having an authentication problem.

5. Newsgroups   -   #35
    oddcat's Avatar Poster
    Seems fine for me. However, I'm on the European server.

6. Newsgroups   -   #36
    BANNED
    timeouts again Even putting the 1-2 hours from yesterday aside, I seem to be getting more and more timeouts on astraweb.
    Last edited by c0ld; 10-13-2009 at 05:51 PM.

7. Newsgroups   -   #37
    Been fine for me today, slow this mourning, but back to normal speed....
    [center]

8. Newsgroups   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    Been fine for me today, slow this mourning, but back to normal speed....
    +1

Full speed ahead here...

9. Newsgroups   -   #39
    Does anyone know how astraweb compares to usenetserver.com? I recently signed up for the $10 / month special on usenetserver, but a few people have told me now that the $11 / month astraweb special is a better deal. The features are pretty much the same, uncapped, 20 connections and SSL but astranet is supposedly more reliable.

10. Newsgroups   -   #40
    Usenetserever is a reseller of Highwinds. Which means they don't control their servers in case something goes wrong like what happened with Astraweb earlier this week. Also I believe that they only offer one server, a US based one, for the $10/mo which is great if you are in North America. But if you are in the EU then Astraweb would be a better choice because they have a server farm in AMS which would be much closer and presumably give you better speed and service.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234