Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The line between freedom of expression and trolling

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    I'm curious now, is this all in the BitTorrent section? If so wow, but I never visit but like once a month, and lay a opinion now and disappear into the dark again for another month or two.
    [center]

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Yea basically. It's where most of the trolls tend to gravitate toward.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    well trolling's part of the system...not just here, its practically on all forums...ofcourse its more prevalent here due to the nature of the site (and the number of users)

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Most people don't even post.I would absolve them of all trolling liability if they would just frickin say something.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 10-19-2009 at 09:50 PM.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    That phenomenon has a very simple explanation: how easy it is to signup at FST, or let me rephrase that, how easy it is to return to FST once their first account got in someway discredited.
    This makes it a playground for users that come here from other places treating this place as the trash bin of the BT world, and brag to their other e-friends how randomly they attacked the X user here and got away unpunished, or that they will create a new account tomorrow just for flaming purposes.
    This creates a very defensive attitude of some of the older members, and those who make this forum one of the most active out there, if not the most of all in the BT scene. Because they know these attitudes will always be tolerated to a certain extent, and as there isn't an active hunt to those dupe accounts they can troll as much as they want, until eventually they're again caught, because in most of the cases they always are.

But, don't get me wrong, this kind of attitude is needed here, just it should be slightly tweaked and be more proactive on some returning troublemakers.

Until this happens there will always be an ambiance of mutual distrust towards the new members, as plenty of those just come here to devalue the forum, as it was said before.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 10-19-2009 at 10:07 PM. Reason: corrected some grammar

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Let's face it without trolls this place would be empty as hell, give me a break, most people here never have anything useful to say, should we call it trolling? Because when it comes to new people saying something and not the usual gang, then it is call trolling, and that's the truth.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Quote Originally Posted by pentomato View Post
    Let's face it without trolls this place would be empty as hell, give me a break, most people here never have anything useful to say, should we call it trolling? Because when it comes to new people saying something and not the usual gang, then it is call trolling, and that's the truth.
    I could see that, although myself am still kind of new here, well by join date. I talk a lot, it's my human nature. I don't consider myself trolling, but I'm sure some "people" (only the ones that think there entitled, or just plain on a high horse)....so that could be true what your saying, but it all deals with the context of what is "said"
    [center]

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Most people don't even post.I would absolve them of all trolling liability if they would just frickin say something.
    well the way i thought things stood...people here do post but only when they need something (and then totally throw the rules out of the window in the process)

that's practically trolling too

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    People who don't understand the true value of FST only come for an invite , make a few posts so that they appear like to be a good member and then disappear when their request is granted.
    I don't know about you but I think the type of person who does that wouldn't be the type of person that would make a very good member of whatever tracker they used FST to into.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 10-20-2009 at 11:59 AM.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    precisely what I mean...and in a lot of ways, that's like trolling imo

and that's precisely why I intend to be a lot more active here nowadays...my only issue is a lack of time (and its a pretty big issue since I'm in a bit of a mess atm) but I'm hoping to get over that soon enough

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast