Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The line between freedom of expression and trolling

Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Intr4ns1t View Post

You really think that's the only value of this place? I must really be wasting my time here then because I've never gotten an invite through this place.

I guess what irks me about the latest trend is the lack of worth of that trolling I'm whining about. There is such a thing I think, worth I mean, and if done well can be quite constructive, albeit caustic. I guess by virtue of that I agree with pentomato about the necessity, but the asinine, lazy, name calling, non topical drivel is over that line. In my opinion of course.
    Woke up this morning to see that I typed do instead of don't .Sort of changes what I was trying to say doesn't it?

Editing now.

It' makes a world of difference, and tbh I was kinda surprised when I first read it

@ Something Else, this thread was originally posted in the BT section, so that may have something to do with the folks from the BT section posting in it
    Last edited by Intr4ns1t; 10-21-2009 at 05:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    @pentomato at the very least, they keep this place active

if nobody was posting (useful or otherwise), this place would be dead in a matter of days

don't get me wrong though...i'm not encouraging bs posting...i'm just saying, it doesn't hurt as much as you think...the worst it does is increase the work load for the mods
    Last edited by kooltilldend; 10-21-2009 at 06:03 PM.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    Fishy2's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I don't hold out much hope for Utopia. Societies historically know three stages: creation,growth and decadency.
    the concept of entropy
    Quote Originally Posted by pentomato View Post
    Let's face it without trolls this place would be empty as hell, give me a break, most people here never have anything useful to say, should we call it trolling?
    I'm still new to what exactly trolling actually is, but if its just having a go at someone or simply talking c**p then surely a system thats controlled correctly and justly would promote healthier debates or just conversations?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234