Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: In fond memory of

deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    To the OP, pay no attention to the negativity from certain members here. If you check their post history you'll see that a lot of them make antagonistic posts to stir the crap and then sit back and laugh at those who react to it.

Those who were never a member YET think they can form opinions on it because they are on What and/or Waffles now, are ridiculous to say the least. If you weren't a member you really can't form an opinion on whether it was good or not or what the site was like (no matter how important you "THINK" you're opinion is).
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    BANNED
    Very well said!

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    ok i was a member and i dont miss it lmfao

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpledrank View Post
    ok i was a member and i dont miss it lmfao
    Really ?

If you liked it, that would be a surprise.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    no i just use what.cd and e for music now

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    BANNED
    E ?

I prefer to use X but somethimes i use H or even J

Depends on the mood, but i usually use something from A to Z

or even better.

i use this ones....

Spoiler: Show
    Last edited by Bad-Day; 10-16-2009 at 11:29 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Cabalo and Albo xjohnxsmithx has been around for a fuck-off long time in the torrent 'scene' (i know lame word) and to be honest oink was one of the milestones of private torrenting. Without it we wouldnt have what.cd or waffles.fm. Ok maybe a tracker would have popped up, but with the same flare that site had? it became pretty famous. Saying you dont care about it is kinda like saying you dont give a fucking about your great-grand-parents, ok, they were born, they made your grandparents, who made your parents, their gone know, and have served their purpose, screw them.

And before someone starts comparing torrent sites to real life blood relatives it was the best example i could come up with and i really dont take torrenting that seriously.

Now, show a little respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swepsycho View Post
    revtt and tl is n00bs...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swepsycho View Post
    i don`t use mozilla n00b...... is addon in internet exp...?

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I didn't say that I didn't respect them. I didn't say that i loved them either. I never mentioned any of these in my posts matter fact.

But as far as the Oink Nostalgy goes, I'd say to those who feel bad for it's fall not to sweat it too much. Those "poor" admins made a hell of a fortune last time i heard and their only unfortune was that they got caught. Imo it was all worthit. You win some you loose some. If they didn't get caught they would have still been paying their bills with your money, the money of those who are loosing sleep debating about it. Too bad they were not carufeul enough tho.

I send my conndolonces. Matter fact if I ever got arrested and ended up in England's prisons, I promise I'd watch their backs...They let you use the internet in prisons don't they? That would d be sweet
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 10-17-2009 at 12:06 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    BANNED
    oink was one of the milestones of private torrenting.

Those, who used it, know what this means.

Albo, no one mentioned the staff, were talking about the all package, comunity, ambient, the music, the forums,...... @ that time, there was nothing else, that could be compared to oink, Vip was probably the next best thing, and still, it was 1/3 off what oink was.

Knowadays, there are thousands off trackers, no one, gets that feeling anymore, about any off them.... the only one, i have seen lately, whit a userbase, so similiar ( lack off better word ) is Filelist.

Respect -Vip-
    Last edited by Bad-Day; 10-17-2009 at 12:21 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I could have swore I read something about their admins in this topic.. i guess I was still carrying thoughts from another Oink topic we had some months ago

Anyway, yea Oink was great for it's era and nobody said it wasn't. I was a member of Oink and I know what it was about. It's just a little extreme calling someone disrespectful for saying "It was just a torrent site" though.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast