Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FST community we need a Recruiters suf-forum

Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    That reason is retarded. If you can't find a release on a public tracker, and you ask here, any user of the tracker could tell you. But you'd still need an invite to get the release, so it's useless anyway.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    First bad example since you would need to be a member of said tracker and then you could simply do the search yourself and secondly I hope tracker staff have better things to do than filling requests .
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 10-22-2009 at 03:57 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Example: someone searches for a rare musical release, doesn't find it in public trackers. Could try here, and trackers communities would tell if they got that one. It will save time to searchers.
    This happens pretty frequently for various types of content, and folks usually help out. I'd be willing to up it to a tracker of their choice if I wanted the content myself.
    forget the staff and focus on members. do you doubt members around the p2p communities can improve any project?
    Several people here are on pretty much any tracker you can think of. Sometimes I feel like I'm on far too many myself. So if you're looking for a cross section of members from most of the prominent trackers, you'll find it here.
    secondly I hope tracker staff have better things to do than filling requests.
    It's certainly not one of the funnest parts of the job, doesn't actually take that much time though.

Staffers are here quite frequently giving support for their sites and helping with general queries, especially regarding disabled accounts. So there IS staff participation. Just not recruitment threads, which really just end up inviting a bunch of collectors in most cases.
    Last edited by ca_aok; 10-22-2009 at 04:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    [QUOTE=placebocrazy;3314865]No I havenīt. I admit it. Tell me the link please.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    And if I remember correctly there have been a few recruitment threads by staffers here in the past so don't say it can't happen.
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...section-338674

Quote Originally Posted by placebocrazy View Post
    Excuse me, but are other persons that are saying that recruiters can't coexist with FST because the trade section. But I agree with them. We can't have both.
    I agree with that too. That's prolly why there are no official recruiting threads nowadays. The old ones didn't go very well.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    BANNED
    Those who recruit(admins,mods,wtv), are all around us, @ fst, if they like you, nothing is stopping them, off throwing you an invite.

If you want invites, so easely, join an invite forum, and donate, regulary, to gain haxx to the special invites giveaway thread.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Some invite forums work by donations,rep points, whoever gives out the most invites, does tracker reviews(which is forbidden here),donates a lot of money to get special privileges. Rep points are used to climb the ranks on that forum. Would not want FST to turn into that. I am not the type to hand out invites just to get rep or become a certain rank. If a tracker wanted to recruit members then they could PM possible candidates that they think would be a good addition to their tracker and ask them if they want to join as said above.
    Last edited by pone44; 10-22-2009 at 08:11 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    Some invite forums work by donations,rep points, whoever gives out the most invites, does tracker reviews(which is forbidden here),donates a lot of money to get special privileges. Rep points are used to climb the ranks on that forum. Would not want FST to turn into that. I am not the type to hand out invites just to get rep or become a certain rank. If a tracker wanted to recruit members then they could PM possible candidates that they think would be a good addition to their tracker and ask them if they want to join as said above.
    Well said, pone. Not many here would want FST to turn into a TPS.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueSounds View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollinThunder View Post
    Go suck up to recruiters on The Pirate Society.
    Yes, do this. FST is an open discussion board. It is more about letting people discuss whatever they want, where other forums like TPS and more about getting their members invites and pleasing tracker staff. They would censor or delete most things that tracker staff complain about, because discussion is secondary to invites.

FST isn't as invite-centered as other sites, and it holds that niche. It would be very stupid on our part to lose this advantage and become one and the same with the dozens of other invite-moving clones.
    Exactly. I would never wish to have that here, even if staff were completely in agreement with how this site works, and they were all willing to give out invites like candy. Once we allow that, this site turns into an invite community. People tread carefully, watch what they post, and make sure never to post anything negative about the site. I came here for supporting and opposing views, not just supporting. Once "community reps" come here, the integrity of the site is destroyed. Everyone tries to suck up to other people and the real "discussions" that occur would become only a memory.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Once "community reps" come here, the integrity of the site is destroyed. Everyone tries to suck up to other people and the real "discussions" that occur would become only a memory.
    I can speak from experience and say this isn't necessarily true. I've been a rep for PtN for a while now here, and I get as much shit here as I do roses. I can also say that I have never really felt "sucked up" to here, even when we had a brief excursion of a recruiting thread. I'd also like to think I've at least had some sort of positive impact on discussions here, as well as several other staffers that post here frequently, barring someone trolling them.

The motivation to try for that positive impact is why I continue to post here. As far as the OP is concerned, the thought is just impractical for many of the reasons stated previously in this thread already.

1.Trading occurs here, and that is anathema to 99% of trackers.

2. While still being a fairly all encompassing forum for the BT community, it is not beholden to the trackers that are the end goal and will not be to hear staff say it. That's probably for the best tbh, as I have said in the past criticism is always capable of being a tool for improvement of all sites, no matter the tone it's stated with. You don't have to answer a post to gain from it That criticism won't occur at most forums dedicated solely to BT, either because of fear or because staff of those forums are more beholden to the trackers they work with and take measures to prevent any tracker they are friends with from appearing less than stellar.

3.As gets mentioned quite often, this board is not just about BT, and to think that the staff here should invest all their time and effort into this one section of the board is a bit ego maniacal.

As a point of fact, I personally have invited quite a few members of FST to PtN over the course of being a rep here, and the majority are invited behind the scenes and without sycophantic suckuppery. That they are members here should not impact how they are viewed by the sites they are interested in barring that oh so lovely trade section that we all know and love with all our hearts It'd be like saying "Oh my gawd, he's from Waco Texas so he MUST be insane!!!!" It just doesn't follow imo.
    Last edited by Intr4ns1t; 10-22-2009 at 09:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Community reps openly advertise that their high ranked members of the tracker, and are open about the fact that they are actively recruiting. You are doing neither. An average member probably wouldn't realize you're staff at PTN, and you aren't recruiting. Hence, no ass kissing for you . You could probably easily change that though if you included some nice info in your sig.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast