Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would Kazaa Lite Die?

1) Yes, Kazaa will die. We from RIAA are working on it, and we are talking with de FBI agents to get the IP of everyone using Kazaa, and the FBI agents will knock your door next morning.
    2) Yes, K-lite is a modification made by us (RIAA agents) to get your IP, so every time you connect to it, it will mail us with your IP, and the files you're sharing. That's also why we have included the Locate Supernode link in the start page, so we can get the country where you live faster.
    3) DIE KAZAA! DIE KAZAA! WE WILL SUE EVERYONE UNTIL KAZAA DIES!! HAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!!

WTF

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Originally posted by othmanni@12 October 2003 - 11:07
    GUYS PLEASE EASY ENGLISH PLEASE I HAD TO CHECK THE DICTIONARY 1000 TIMES FOR INORDER TO GET THE MEANING OF SOME MISSED UP WORD I NEVER HEARD BEFOR.

SPARKL 1984 you said that:
    The MusicCity camp claimed their software was attacked, however the explanation turned out to be quite simple - Morpheus failed to pay their bills. Hence, Kazaa terminated the agreement between the two companies and released version 1.5 which shut Morpheus out for good. Now the only remaining FastTrack clients are Kazaa and Grokster.

this means that kazaa can shut down kazaa lite or if kazaa went down this means that k-lite will go down too.
    what i understand from this post is that k-lite has its own network inside that fast track network ...
    Actually I think that the way K++ is set up prevents it from ever being shut down in the same way that Morpheus was. I read it in another topic on this forum.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Would Kazaa Lite Die
    No.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Forum Star
    SPARKL 1984 you said that:
    The MusicCity camp claimed their software was attacked, however the explanation turned out to be quite simple - Morpheus failed to pay their bills. Hence, Kazaa terminated the agreement between the two companies and released version 1.5 which shut Morpheus out for good. Now the only remaining FastTrack clients are Kazaa and Grokster.

this means that kazaa can shut down kazaa lite or if kazaa went down this means that k-lite will go down too.
    what i understand from this post is that k-lite has its own network inside that fast track network ...
    1) Both Kazaa and the FastTrack network were controlled by 1 company then. Now it's two separate companies. So a network upgrade is much less likely.

2) Morpheus clients were still able to connect to a small part of the network, they only got separated from the main network after the network upgrade. The problem was that that small network died because of a lack of 'old' supernodes.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Because Kazaa Lite is now "falling behind" KMD in terms of KMD releases, I think it's quite possible that within the next 6 months a newer version of KMD will be programmed not to accept connections from a k-lite ("old" KMD version) client/supernode.

The reason that the independent Morpheus network collapsed was that when this happened, the newer supernode told the old client it needed to upgrade to a version that didn't exist, and disabled it..

From what I understand I think K++ is protected against an upgrade message and subsequent disablement, so any independent kazaalite network should be able to be sustained indefinitely in these circumstances, provided there is a big enough "critical mass" of kazaalite supernodes running at all times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12