Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who deserves to get punished?

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Has anyone watched the 'Kangaroo Court'. With the exception of the Texas Rep they were playing to the cameras. I didn't know if they were elected members or extras from Deliverance. If I was the BP rep I would just have walked out. What right has American politicians to treat a foreign national in the way they did? Is an invasion of the U.K. imminent?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    Has anyone watched the 'Kangaroo Court'. With the exception of the Texas Rep they were playing to the cameras. I didn't know if they were elected members or extras from Deliverance. If I was the BP rep I would just have walked out. What right has American politicians to treat a foreign national in the way they did? Is an invasion of the U.K. imminent?
    I agree that lawmakers like to play to the camera, however I have to ask if you actually think anyone OTHER than BP should be held responsible?

If this had happened during the Bush term perhaps BP would be treated with kid gloves, after all Haliburton is involved, but there are different people in charge now and the fact that it's BP taking the hit is simply because they are the ones with the spill. If it was a US company the people in charge right now would behave just the same.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    I agree that lawmakers like to play to the camera, however I have to ask if you actually think anyone OTHER than BP should be held responsible?

If this had happened during the Bush term perhaps BP would be treated with kid gloves, after all Haliburton is involved, but there are different people in charge now and the fact that it's BP taking the hit is simply because they are the ones with the spill. If it was a US company the people in charge right now would behave just the same.
    Yes! most of the construction and other companies were American.

P.s. I'm off on holiday. not to the Red Neck Riviera.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    The texas rep? That's funny, and that tells you how much republicans care about the people, they just care about the money they got or they can get in their pockets, shame on any ignorant that votes republican.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Sheesh, this thread is like one big conspiracy theory. You guys have gone off the deep end.

yo

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    惡魔的提倡者
    Yes! most of the construction and other companies were American.
    I'm not denying the fact that American contractors were used. The thing is the license was granted to BP which makes them wholly responsible. That they used contractors instead of doing the work themselves is irrelevant. If BP feels they are deserving of compensation from the contractors then they have every right to seek it.

You seem to have a bat in your ass over this, but just to be clear for my part I believe that the one that does the damage is the one that has to make it right, no matter who it is. I am with you on the point you made about past incidents. I can't stand laws that allow companies to pollute and leave the clean up to someone else. I'm mostly okay with free market minimal regulation rules, but it must come with no socializing the damage.

I like this escrow fund idea. It makes sure the polluter doesn't skip town and it shows the polluter is serious about it's responsibility.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    Whoever sides on the side of that little faggot Tony Hayworth, is a FUCKING MORON!!!! Talk about a complete piece of shit. Kangaroo Court? yeah maybe, but that fucker deserves to be waterboarded and hung by that little peanut he calls a dick.

I wonder what people will say when they cant plug the shit and it becomes a global problem. Lets see if your still siding with that moron then.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by l33tpirata13 View Post
    Whoever sides on the side of that little faggot Tony Hayworth, is a FUCKING MORON!!!! Talk about a complete piece of shit. Kangaroo Court? yeah maybe, but that fucker deserves to be waterboarded and hung by that little peanut he calls a dick*.

I wonder what people will say when they cant plug the shit and it becomes a global problem. Lets see if your still siding with that moron then.
    I have not seen anyone side with Tony Hayworth. It was the means of interrogation and the interrogators I was questioning.

* How did you become aware of this?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    It was the means of interrogation and the interrogators I was questioning.
    ok so you decide to use Rep.Barton as the ONE exception? that inbred, self satisfying, piece of shit? REALLY? Let me ask you something, HOW DID YOU BECOME AWARE OF THIS?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Any of this really warrant further discussion?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast