Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ITS invite applications open

A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by chinchi11as
    i would think elitism would be more along the line of "fuck off you can't have any invite for another bloody year or so" as opposed to (all) members can recommend a friend. on top of that non-members can apply through IRC as well as forum.
    Isint iTS opening up because of the "Ghost town effect"?And how was the donations for the past few months if you dont mind me asking,just curious to know,thats all.
    Last edited by A; 10-07-2010 at 10:37 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I see it as:

-no invites --> As squirrel complained. Is this being 'elite', or is it just being stupid? because a tracker will die if not enough invites are handed out. I have never really noticed this happen except with HDBits maybe, and they seem to be doing ok cause there are so many users.

-invite app --> Completely up to staff discretion. To me this is absolute rule by an 'elite' group, if invites do not exist as well. But then I do see the point that anyone can attempt to join. Still, it's a few select people playing God in my eyes. Is that elite? Fuck if I know.

-invites --> Transfers the power in the userbases hands. I guess this is also 'elite' but spread over more people, cancelling out some of the l33tness. Really that term is such bs it will be interpreted differently by everyone.

-open signups --> Now you are bordering on being a public tracker. Definitely not elite in any sense.

By the way, not trying to say being 'elite' is strictly a bad thing. It just seems like a lot more micromanagement which means way more rewardless(?) work on the staffers part. Hopefully it pays itself off with a perfect economy.
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 10-07-2010 at 11:02 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000possibleclaws View Post
    I see it as:

-no invites --> As squirrel complained. Is this being 'elite', or is it just being stupid? because a tracker will die if not enough invites are handed out. I have never really noticed this happen except with HDBits maybe, and they seem to be doing ok cause there are so many users.
    Aren't there invites available there for VIPs? If that is the case it's even more elitist than zero invites seeing that the staff first "gift" someone with VIP status and then on top of that "gift" only these "special " people with invites. With no invites everyone is in the same boat at least so consequentially that's not elitist at .

Quote Originally Posted by pro267 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    Just another elitist site with crappy retention and generally full of fuck.
    I remember you. Weren't you the guy that came to their channel a few times and outright *begged* to be allowed back to the site, only to get denied? I specifically remember you because you sounded all mental and were telling some stories about being on prescription psychiatric meds. No wonder you're bitter.
    You know it's possible just not to like a site . Everyone is so knee-jerk with the bitter statements.
    Could be that he's just a non-bitter idiot.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 10-07-2010 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    You know it's possible just not to like a site.
    You must've missed the bit where I highlighted the part about him begging to return. What can I say, sure sounds like he didn't like the place.
    Last edited by pro267; 10-07-2010 at 11:13 PM.
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000possibleclaws View Post
    I see it as:

-invite app --> Completely up to staff discretion. To me this is absolute rule by an 'elite' group, if invites do not exist as well. But then I do see the point that anyone can attempt to join. Still, it's a few select people playing God in my eyes. Is that elite? Fuck if I know.

-invites --> Transfers the power in the userbases hands. I guess this is also 'elite' but spread over more people, cancelling out some of the l33tness. Really that term is such bs it will be interpreted differently by everyone.

-open signups --> Now you are bordering on being a public tracker. Definitely not elite in any sense.

By the way, not trying to say being 'elite' is strictly a bad thing. It just seems like a lot more micromanagement which means way more rewardless(?) work on the staffers part. Hopefully it pays itself off with a perfect economy.
    you're trying too hard to get your point on top.

invites do exist fyi. not many but they do. no i don't have any. on contrary some 'normal' members do.
    Last edited by chinchi11as; 10-08-2010 at 01:52 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    but the no invits point is bad, as no invites eans, more traders, chaters searching for that tracker, increase in the so cllaed tracker level, getting attention, and admin is in danger.. :-P right??

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    DeadPoet's Avatar Poster
    I don't think so.

In this situation being with very little amount of invites would not attract more traders (cheaters won't be interested as it's no-ratio tracker) because of invite application system (basicly it's open for everyone) and, in my opinion, it's the best possible way of letting new members in.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Hmm,funny they didn't ask for a softcopy of the applicant's birth certificate, that's important too..

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    Hmm,funny they didn't ask for a softcopy of the applicant's birth certificate, that's important too..
    yea when applying for a passport.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    What are you applying for??

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast