Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BCG problem.

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by xb350x View Post
    The whole reason I got a seedbox in the first place was to actually help out .........
    If you want me to believe the rest of your story then unless you are the literal "one in a million" I suggest not including such obvious untruths . Unless of course by "helping out" you mean yourself.

No offense like and just my opinion but if you merely wanted to "help" BCG then I think a donation to the tracker in the amount you spent on the seedbox would probably be of greater use.

Btw yes I know this doesn't have anything to do with anything be I get really irked by people pretending that they "put it on their box" for altruistic reasons.Just like they cross-seed or partial seed for the same reason no doubt.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bijoy View Post
    What is 'ghost leeching' ??
    I don't think that's relevant to this conversation. All that needs to be disclosed about it here is that it can cause false positives, as it'd appear it is xb350x's case.
    ok
    Now back to the topic, I can think of 2 possiblities which might be true behind this ban:
    1. Did he cross seed?? As if he does, I saw that in those case snatchlist wil go creazy..
    2. Did he using some seedbox provider which is already banned in BCG??
    3. OR, his passkey might be stolen by someone and that guy used abused his account in good way.

Quote Originally Posted by shlady View Post
    you cannot leech something when there are no seeders
    One can always use DHT or PEX to get some extra seeder.
    Last edited by bijoy; 11-15-2010 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Now back to the topic, I can think of 2 possiblities which might be true behind this ban:
    1. Did he cross seed?? As if he does, I saw that in those case snatchlist wil go creazy..
    3. OR, his passkey might be stolen by someone and that guy used abused his account in good way.
    Firstly, that's not "two possibilities", it's three. Secondly:
    1. that's a possibility, if he cross-seeded incorrectly. Reporting upload traffic without anyone leeching is a classic symptom of adding two or more tracker URLs to the same torrent, which is not how you do it.
    2. I don't think so, the seedbox's IP wouldn't have been allowed to leech/seed in the first place, otherwise.
    3. Possible, though I wouldn't call getting him banned "abusing his account in a good way".

Both of which aren't allowed for private torrents...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1

Both of which aren't allowed for private torrents...
    Here it comes another possiblity.. I saw many people use that without even knowing the utility of it. But considering his account age in bcg I can say he is familier enough with bittorrent to avoid this simple mistake.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Considering pretty much every tracker enforces the "Private" flag on torrents, that's a non-issue. Unless you're using uTorrent 1.7.1 or something
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    I can't really say anything else in my defense. I've already said everything I know, I even asked for some advice as to what it could have been that got me banned according to the mods "reason".

What really irks me is that fact that people always assume you're guilty. But, after all, this is the internet. I'm not here to convince anyone I didn't do anything. I myself know I didn't and that's enough for me and my conscience.

If I don't get unbanned, I'll just have to hopefully find another tracker. What I do want, is for this not to happen to anyone else. Maybe have the mods do a bit of research as to what happened or how it could of happened so another user doesn't get automatically accused of doing something they haven't.

I don't think that's relevant to this conversation. All that needs to be disclosed about it here is that it can cause false positives, as it'd appear it is xb350x's case.
    ok

Quote Originally Posted by shlady View Post
    you cannot leech something when there are no seeders

As to your questions, if by cross seeding you mean uploading a torrent to two different trackers, then no. The only tracker I use is BCG.

The seedbox question, I don't know about. I looked over the forums before getting the seedbox and saw nothing related to any seedbox being banned.

I'm the only one that knows my password. Any password, really. Not even my wife knows them.

..and I really have no idea what DHT and PEX are, so that's out of the question.

I have a question, not sure if it has anything to do with the problem the mod mentioned. The first day I started up the seedbox, I went into settings and where it says "IP/Hostname to report to tracker:", I put in my IP at the time. Apparently I never looked to see if I had a static IP or not, which I don't. Problem is, I never changed the IP in ruTorrent again since I've had it. Could it have been it was reporting the wrong IP to BCG?
    Last edited by xb350x; 11-15-2010 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by xb350x View Post
    What really irks me is that fact that people always assume you're guilty. But, after all, this is the internet.
    I'm not accusing you of anything, but many, many of these "X disabled my account" threads end up with their starters being unmasked as traders, cheaters, sellers and the like. Specially when they claim it's for "no reason".

..and I really have no idea what DHT and PEX are, so that's out of the question.
    DHT (Distributed Hash Table) and PEX (Peer EXchange) are two mechanisms for your client to find peers besides the tracker. They aren't used in private torrents, so this is out of the question.

I have a question, not sure if it has anything to do with the problem the mod mentioned. The first day I started up the seedbox, I went into settings and where it says "IP/Hostname to report to tracker:", I put in my IP at the time. Apparently I never looked to see if I had a static IP or not, which I don't. Problem is, I never changed the IP in ruTorrent again since I've had it. Could it have been it was reporting the wrong IP to BCG?
    You shouldn't have done that, simply because it's not necessary. When you're using a seedbox, the seedbox's IP should get reported, not yours. However, 99% of trackers don't even honor the IP parameter, and it's definitely not something to get banned for.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    I'm not accusing you of anything, but many, many of these "X disabled my account" threads end up with their starters being unmasked as traders, cheaters, sellers and the like. Specially when they claim it's for "no reason".
    I wasn't really referring to you, as you actually didn't come in to the thread automatically accusing me, as most people have done. Which, I appreciate.

I didn't even come in by stating it was for no reason. I posted the reason the mods gave me and came here trying to understand how something like that was possible.

There is really nothing else I can do, I tried to explain myself as best as possible. Hopefully it doesn't land on deaf ears, as I really, haven't done anything.

Nevertheless I want to thank you guys for trying to explain to me what someone else couldn't. Thank you.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    kostnkost's Avatar "Otay" BT Rep: +1
    It may not be your case, but 99% of the time in these situations you are guilty until proven guilty.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by kostnkost View Post
    It may not be your case, but 99% of the time in these situations you are guilty until proven guilty.
    Heh, yeah, that's what it looks like.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast