Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obama steals Reagan's idea?

Other critics charged the system — with a price tag estimated at $4 billion — was too expensive, faced daunting technological challenges and was aimed against a threat that is still years away from materializing.
    While the interceptor missiles did destroy their targets in some tests, others failed.
    Yeah! This sounds exactly like something Bush would have pushed through anyway, just because it sounds frickin' awesome to have a mega cool anti missile system. I bet half of the American population would think the same *even knowing* it might not work properly. But, like so many things, this would simply have been ignored.
    Stinson Over!

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

You like links, don't you?

Nothing ever happens without a link.
    You have a proclivity for posting "facts" based on unreliable hearsay and chain E.mails, so when you say something is happening I am not inclined to take your word for it.
    Try this:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=112909735
    What has that got to do with Regan's idea? It's a year old story about President Obama scrapping President Bush's plan, utilizing existing proven technology and hardware and focusing the location against a different region and type of missile.
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 11-29-2010 at 02:06 PM.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    What has that got to do with Regan's idea? It's a year old story about President Obama scrapping President Bush's plan, utilizing existing proven technology and hardware and focusing the location against a different region and type of missile.
    Obviously, it has nothing to do with Star Wars but why pass up an opportunity to dis Obama?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    You mean to say you don't trust me?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    If recognizing consistency counts as "trust", then, yes.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12