Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there any Waffles staff here which I can talk to, since I just get kicked from IRC

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I guess your best hope then ,failing to connect with someone associated with Waffles here , is to join the IRC when someone more reasonable is overseeing it.
    Btw I'm not overly concerned with anything "bad' happening to my account there ( I just got a iPod touch for Christmas but I'm not a big music downloader ) so don't let that dissuade you if I can help.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Even so I prefer not to get anyone else in trouble for something I've done, also I had lots of points and a small buffer, allowing me to at least most of the time grab what
    I wanted. Nor do I want to forever live in fear that whatever I build on a new account might be gone again at any minute.

The only good thing about a new account, would be using my usual nick, which again would kinda defeat the purpose

I was kinda overly paranoid upon the OiNK closure, hence the different name.
    Last edited by Night0wl; 01-08-2011 at 06:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    You can use Rutracker until better days come around. It has nearly everything I've ever searched for.
    Ellipses go here.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    I was able to speak to someone in IRC now, so hopefully things are looking up. Seems I managed to really offend some staff in my drunken posts and my case has to be discussed with that someone. I do not specifically know exactly what I wrote or how I worded it, but I do know what issue lead to my banning. It is really not the place to discuss further here.

Even if I don't get enabled again, I at least know the specific reason which lead to the ban now.

Guess I just went there at a bad time before.
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    I am glad they have listened to your case and you are it appears being treated fairly.
    If the person decides you have offended them to an extent that the ban is deserved then at least one thing has been established drink torrenting is a crime and deservers a driving ban in the fore mentioned sites where driving took place
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckater View Post
    drink torrenting is a crime
    https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/3...cohol-Disaster
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    Seems I managed to really offend some staff in my drunken posts and my case has to be discussed with that someone. I do not specifically know exactly what I wrote or how I worded it, but I do know what issue lead to my banning.
    You know unless it was some sort of indefensible racial slur like referring to ovens being a good solution to certain problems ,I don't see why you merely being a drunken cawk should factor into your continuing membership there .
    Hell who hasn't been deeply offended by someone on the internet ? I think part of the job description of mod is that you are supposedly mature enough to be able to put petty retribution aside and look at the bigger picture.

Edit : Sorry forget the last part. I have been drinking and momentarily forgot I was talking about bt trackers here.

Oh yeah and while I'm at it , fuck right fucking off NightOwl.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-08-2011 at 10:00 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    I remember that thread
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Just to be clear it wasn't any racial slur or anything like that. If you want I can tell you exactly in PM, but I really don't want to discuss it any further in public here. Especially since if said staff member is in a better mood now, I might have a shot at getting re-enabled. Even if they decide to take away my posting privileges, I will at least still have my account and be able to download&/seed the great stuff on there.

Edit: Oh.. and idoleyes: Fuck you too
    I would take your advise if I had someone to fuck right now. Instead I'm afraid it's going to be the usual get drunk with friend and play GT5 or FIFA into the night.

Edit2: My offense was nowhere close to what cheeseman did.

Edit3: And I'm back baby
    Last edited by Night0wl; 01-09-2011 at 02:53 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Anther bittorrent unique..
    Sadly, I missed that live show..
    Reading that thread now i slike watching reply of EPL
    Teh n00b.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast