Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: HDBits Surprise [ It's over now, invites again closed ]

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    but let's not be so pessimistic. After all, their site, their rules, etc.
    Not speaking specifically to particular cases but like that sort of stupidity should be used as the excuse for anything.

svieng.jpg
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. BitTorrent   -   #102
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Not speaking specifically to particular cases but like that sort of stupidity should be used as the excuse for anything.
    I'm just saying that while some people may not agree with the measures staff at HDBits or other tracker take, in the end those run the place so if people don't like it, they either have the choices of accepting that, discussing it or finding another place.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #103
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post

I'm just saying that while some people may not agree with the measures staff at HDBits or other tracker take, in the end those run the place so if people don't like it, they either have the choices of accepting that, discussing it or finding another place.
    Language can be a minefield where the best intentions are sometimes lost to the subtleties of interpretation.

Btw I used the Khmer Rouge to avoid the Nazi stereotypical answer to demonstrate the fallacy in sentence because poor analogy or not I doubt /hope you wouldn't think of writing something on the surface similarly agreeably silly like " Their country ,their rules " .

PS maybe if you didn't come across as so agreeable and said " Don't like it?Tough. Short of armed revolt there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it "
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-11-2011 at 08:49 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #104
    PS maybe if you didn't come across as so agreeable and said " Don't like it?Tough. Short of armed revolt there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it "
    The problem is, where are they keeping the guns on HDBits land?

5. BitTorrent   -   #105
    Poster
    urgh...didnt make it in

6. BitTorrent   -   #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorx View Post
    urgh...didnt make it in
    Tough luck, pal.

7. BitTorrent   -   #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorx View Post
    urgh...didnt make it in
    Into what?

8. BitTorrent   -   #108
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post

I was raging because I was angry that I had been banned, but that doesn't mean I wasn't emotionally attached to the site when I was raging; that's why I never had to go through the process of embracing the site yet again. I like you as a person, IdolEyes787, but you were incorrect when you said that most people who joined the site yesterday were bad.
    I never said that they were "bad" , I merely said that they were maybe traders and/or sellers.

It appears that you are a little confused as to the whole issue of what constitutes "badness" since some people ( even tracker staff ) fall into the 'bad' category ( as your unfair banning should have, but didn't apparently point out to you) even though their bt rep is lily white.
    Anyway hard as it may be for you to believe there are "good" traders and "bad" administrators or do you now think that the idiots that lambasted you on HDbits for simple lack of knowledge are really nice and "good" people now that you are (apparently) back in there.

Btw nothing against you personally OlegL , I appreciate the fact that you forgive people ,even if ( if you are in HDbits again) it appears to me a little contrived.
    I personally prefer the movie line " I forgive ,but I don't forget".
    None of them are idiots. They are actually nice people and everyone who posts in the hdbits forums treats me nicely now. Even those people that I used to have a negative opinion about treat me nicely now. People in the irc channel are nice, including staffers. Of course, Firon is the only staffer who's rude to me sometimes and he still klines me from the irc network sometimes, but even he has some qualities that I like. He makes me little bit angry sometimes, but at the same time, he's a logical person. Of course, I haven't met any of those people in real life, so I can only judge their online personalities. But things feel different now.

9. BitTorrent   -   #109
    ScottK's Avatar Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    OlegL... OlegL...

10. BitTorrent   -   #110
    None of them are idiots. They are actually nice people and everyone who posts in the hdbits forums treats me nicely now. Even those people that I used to have a negative opinion about treat me nicely now. People in the irc channel are nice, including staffers. Of course, Firon is the only staffer who's rude to me sometimes and he still klines me from the irc network sometimes, but even he has some qualities that I like. He makes me little bit angry sometimes, but at the same time, he's a logical person. Of course, I haven't met any of those people in real life, so I can only judge their online personalities. But things feel different now.
    Now I'm really confused as black apparently just became white.
    Btw since I doubt that any of the people that you were previously badmouthing have changed in any appreciable way ,I can only guess that you have.
    Well, I was banned from there in June or July of 2008, which means I was a member there for like 3 or 4 months. But I am glad that filesharingtalk.com exists because it allows me to openly bash hdbits/sdbits admins. And I explained the reason why I am angry at them: they believe that anyone who has less knowledge than they do about certain things is incredibly stupid and doesn't have a right to belong to their trackers.
    PS this is on your permanent record . Suggest in the future you think before you type.
    I totally agree. And I totally agree with your comment about me being worthless. But I never said I wanted to join hdbits again. I felt worthless there and felt horrible about it, so I would not want to experience that feeling again. This thread is about the horror I experienced there, but I don't think I ever said that I wanted to join hdbits again.
    PPS I really don't care that you rejoined HDbits twice now is it , I just would prefer that in the future when if it happens again you don't make similar claims only to again go back on them.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-12-2011 at 03:31 AM.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast