Thread: What's the fastest way to get pre notification?

dogcodeo6's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    I'm currently using a Firefox's addon called Update Scanner to monitor orlydb and VCDQ for a couple of movies I'm waiting for. orlydb seems to be working, but I'm not so sure if it works this way. is there a better way? (I don't have newsgroup subscription)

thanks
    Well, that's the last we should be hearing from Lucy man. She's probably stuffing herself down the incinerator about now. You know what we need? We need some opium.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    IRC:
    #pre @p2p-net
    #pre @corrupt-net
    etc.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    dogcodeo6's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    thanks for the reply, what are the top channels to start monitoring? is there a tutorial to setup notification for a specific movie? couldn't find much in Google and I'm a total n00b when it comes to IRC
    Well, that's the last we should be hearing from Lucy man. She's probably stuffing herself down the incinerator about now. You know what we need? We need some opium.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    1. Download mirc: http://www.mirc.com
    2. Click this: #pre @p2pnet or #pre @corrupt-net

I don't know how to set it up to notify on a specific movie.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I guess it depends on the release, but an RSS of a scene blog might do the trick.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Hologram's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiccup View Post
    I guess it depends on the release, but an RSS of a scene blog might do the trick.
    It might do the trick, but it's definitely not the fastest way for you to get notifications. And scene blogs don't post a shitload of releases, just the ones they think are the most important.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Depending on your client you should be able to set up a highlight for certain criteria, just do that and idle in the #pre channels.

In X-Chat it's Settings->Preferences->Alerts->Extra words to highlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiccup View Post
    I use rlslog's RSS feed to get notifications on the categories I care about.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    Just go on any old pre chan on IRC. They are quite fast compared to the private ones today, and it is easy to script with mIRC (as well as other clients).

If you want a notification, you can set it to highlight or play a noise or whatever. Most people just do a dupe check. Basically in the pre channel type: !dupe release-name (most pre channels work this way) and it will tell you if it is on the net yet or not. Also, if you keep the IRC channel in the background 24/7 it is as simple as a ctrl+f and search the irc channel.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    ^ Keep in mind if you're doing a dupe check, many networks have a #pre.search or #pre-search channel where you're expected to use those commands, rather than the generic #pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????