Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a client that...

Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    I don't know what's the issue some people have with sabnzbd. It does exactly what you described and more. And it's quite lightweight too.
    The UI is hideous, I've tried it multiple times and I just can't stand the layout of it.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
    I don't know what's the issue some people have with sabnzbd. It does exactly what you described and more. And it's quite lightweight too.
    The UI is hideous, I've tried it multiple times and I just can't stand the layout of it.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Have you tried the plush skin ?

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    The folks who love SABnzbd(like me) love it and there are some people who just don't get it. That is the way it is going to be. SAB + SickBeard + CouchPotato and I am in heaven.

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by b1scu1t View Post
    The folks who love SABnzbd(like me) love it and there are some people who just don't get it. That is the way it is going to be. SAB + SickBeard + CouchPotato and I am in heaven.
    Well I really want an app with a webui. Maybe I will try to give it a try for a while.

Ok got sab all up and running.

Pretty happy with it I can check it from my android phone. And I can manage it from a browser and not have to log into my server, which is what I really wanted.

Sickbeard looks pretty sweet but it looks like a ton of crap to install to get it running and I have never messed with python or any of that.
    Last edited by whiteboy; 01-23-2011 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    What OS are you running? There is a self contained windows executable which is what I use in my windows home server. In mac os x, the install is quite straight forward. I am sure the linux install ought to be quite straight forward. The sickbeard web site has great write ups for install.

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    Yah I had missed that totally, I have it up and running right now on windows 7. Not sure how to fire it up though do I click the exe?

I want it to always run, so I guess I try to put a shortcut it my startup folder. Running win7 btw.

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    You can do that, or you can have it ran as a windows service: http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/sabnzbd-as-a-windows-service
    Quite useful for those who manage their servers remotely, they don't have to logon so the startup folder is checked.

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    You can do that, or you can have it ran as a windows service: http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/sabnzbd-as-a-windows-service
    Quite useful for those who manage their servers remotely, they don't have to logon so the startup folder is checked.
    I was actually talking about sick beard. Which is freakin awesome!!

Only issue I am having is for one show it processed the files. Which meant it moved them from my download folder, renamed them and all that.

For another show they just sat in the download folder. I had to manually process them, I did tell sick beard to download the whole season so maybe it does all that when all the downloads are finished?

Nevermind I was just being impatient.

@b1scu1t
    Thanks a lot man for putting me on to this. Very glad I started this thread. Loving this new config!!
    Last edited by whiteboy; 01-23-2011 at 08:52 PM.

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    I am glad you are enjoying Sick Beard, if you can do donate some change to all those developers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12