Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New To Entertaining Kids- Need Cartoons!

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Thanks, Goblin. Looks to be a great section. I found Danger Mouse while giving it a once over! I like that they have an easy to search "kids section". That is one area that TVT seems to be lacking. I don't know what shows I want until I see them...

That's one heck of a collection, Disme! Any particular sites that have been gold mines for you? The amount of data involved does bring up some interesting questions regarding the most efficient/secure way to transfer that many files without risk of damage/loss/cost. Mail seems like a good way to do it- excluding the possibility of damage while traveling internationally twice. Even with my better-than-some monthly cap of 250GB- that's still 8 full months of downloading . FTP might be good for picking and choosing.

You've obviously got some lucky kids who has a dad willing/able to find them so much fun stuff to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #32
    ScottK's Avatar Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    i just checked, those apps closed & not going to open soon
    so forget it if you intend to keep checking.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo View Post
    Have you tried being nice to people?
    MBM is one of the coolest members this forum has.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #34
    There's a signature quote if I've ever seen one. Thanks, anon!
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #35
    You're welcome
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #36
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo View Post
    Have you tried being nice to people?
    You mean like all the insincere people here and on other sites that continue to contribute only as much and as long as they think there still might be some appreciable ( beyond friendship or actual interest) benefit to them ?

Sites are already awash with such assholes and God knows more will surface here and elsewhere without you assisting the process.
    If MBM wishes to remain his incredibly annoying , unlikable but genuine self , then please don't dissuade him.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 02-03-2011 at 07:40 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #37
    Just doing my part to make the world a bitter better place.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #38
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    That's one heck of a collection, Disme! Any particular sites that have been gold mines for you? The amount of data involved does bring up some interesting questions regarding the most efficient/secure way to transfer that many files without risk of damage/loss/cost. Mail seems like a good way to do it- excluding the possibility of damage while traveling internationally twice. Even with my better-than-some monthly cap of 250GB- that's still 8 full months of downloading . FTP might be good for picking and choosing.

You've obviously got some lucky kids who has a dad willing/able to find them so much fun stuff to watch.
    The problem with me and the children's content I need(ed) to find is that English isn't my kids mothertongue. Since they weren't able to read subtitles, that wasn't an option either and I needed to have my Disney/Pixar etc movies with Dutch/Flemish audio until very recently.

That's why I can't really advise you on places where to find decent English childrens content. I know tons of places with Dutch content where I can find any childrens movie or TV-show in Dutch/Flemish. The main/popular movies are found everywhere I think, and for the non-English tv-shows, there's little that beats Usenet imo.

Recently I've been able to download English movies with Dutch subtitles since their reading is well enough now for them to read those Dutch subtitles.

My kids have everything they want when it comes to movies/tv-shows/games/apps, etc ... if it's digital I can get it for them.
    Only problem is that after some time they expect me to get them movies/tvshows/music/games, etc ... and don't appreciate it like when I was little and getting a movie/games/music-cd was quite a big happening.
    Can you feel the LOVE

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #39
    brightsid's Avatar Larisssssssaaaaaaa BT Rep: +4
    Probably you've heard that before but your kids are too young to watch tv.
    http://childrenshospitalblog.org/is-...ean-the-house/

or

I'm just offtopic
    We make a living by what we get,
    we make a life by what we give

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #40
    I grew up in a small town in the 1980's. I remember hurrying to get to the video store and back on my allotted 30 minute lunch breaks at school. Of course, the VHS tapes had to be returned the following day. Total distance walked for each movie ~1.5 to 1.75 miles.

Not to worry, brightsid. My kids are 20 days from their first birthday. We won't be watching television heavily until after they turn 1.

Spoiler: Show

BTW, there is no such thing as off-topic in this thread.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 02-04-2011 at 10:32 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast