Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: For all us non-traders...

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Champo101 View Post
    Chase SCC instead tbh. SCC is worth all the hype it gets.

and I'm not joking.
    Why I don't see anything different there from IPT or TL except maybe the opinion that some of the members have of themselves.
    As for the sources at SCC being "purer" to the average member I hardly see how that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorx View Post
    Yer, i know.

FTN i want for the glory of having such a wanted account, and HDB, well, because i love HD

Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    Vorx, I was invited to FTN by a bitmetv admin because my bitmetv account was in good standing. (He didn't know at that time that I had severe social problems because of my mild autism). So, I guess if you want to join FTN, you need to build your reputation on some other bittorrent site first. You will also be invited to hdbits if you build your reputation on a site such as bitme, bitmetv, or what.cd.

Edit: and, of course, if you know the right people, you won't even need to build your reputation on any bittorrent site. For example, I was re-invited to hdbits in 2010 simply because I knew the right people. (I knew them because I had been a member of hdbits in 2008 when power users were still able to invite anyone they wanted to).
    Good idea. I should try that.
    Great another insincere wank currying favour and using trackers as mere stepping stones in his hoped ascent to glory.
    Save yourself the time and effort for if achieved no one will think any different of you and the only ones to pretend to will be other insincere wanks such as yourself hoping to follow in your "glorified" footsteps.

Btw the part that you love HD comes as no surprise to me.
    In bt nowadays the surest way to spot an idiot is by his loud and frequent expounding of his supposed love of HD in much the same way that you used to be able to spot a bad guy by his wearing of a black hat.

Anyway I hope that helps ,us being all equally uncomtemptuous non-traders here.
    Not that I find it funny that you had to make a point of saying that or anything .Hopefully by saying trader I didn't get infected by the bad trader aids and lose all my morals suddenly start trading away all my accounts instead of getting into places the proper way by forming false friendships , telling people what they want to hear and generally sucking up.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 02-23-2011 at 03:39 AM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    IdolEyes787, what do you mean? I wasn't using trackers as mere stepping stones. As I said before, I enjoyed bitmetv because people on that site were nice, including members of their staff. They never made me angry, not even once.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quick someone hand me the facepalm button.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    FTN i want for the glory of having such a wanted account.
    Don't hold your breath, nobody will glorify you for that.
    I think it use to be in those days when FTN,ran with the crowd with UK-T,sCT,FTWR and FSC............BUT Not anymore

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Who the phuck deleted my post in here? Thanks a lot, Dick!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    For all us non-traders, who wish to get into trackers such as HDBits.org and FTN, what do you guys suggest is the best way? Im not a trader, and i dont plan to trade in order to gain access into these sites.

What do the members of FST suggest?
    I believe idoleyes said it already but I'll repeat it for extra emphasis - I suggest you don't go around calling yourself a non-trader, if you really are a non-trader you don't need to call attention to it like its some kind of calling card to get into elite trackers. Seriously how would anyone even know if you were telling the truth about being a non-trader since you've only been here for a month, which is not enough time to build trust, and you can never know who has dupe accounts one for trading and another to appear legit. So forget about the stupid 'non-trader' and 'anti-trader' labels, just be yourself and do what you feel is right. Don't become a sheep following the rest of the herd.
    Last edited by gamesover; 02-23-2011 at 05:21 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Even if you are a non trader, you could alway pay hard cash for an invite. That's how most of the noobs at some other places do.

Then, to get their cash back, they start instead selling their invites. Trackers brought this to themselves. Add to the pot the immaturity of the average torrenter, and it's a great way to feel better about their acne when they look themselves in the mirror before catching the bus to school.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    kurdt's Avatar Death From Above
    i'm not real active here, i mostly read to get inside scoop on the happenings of the torrent world (haven't seen too many of those threads lately), but i'll reply to this, because it's actually a good question that i relate to.

1) i love FTN for a number of reasons, including that it has a smaller userbase and i feel safer downloading there than on TL for example. But there's other reasons, like real no-raitio (i.e. no min seed time) so i get upload on torrents i want and don't have to seed every single torrent (like the high(er) risk popular current movies or leaks). It is probably my most used tracker.

2) the non-trader thing didn't come off as arrogant to me. because i know the dilemma, i was there. it is the way of integrity but also delayed gratification. it has its challenges which are unique to it.

3) the way i got FTN was by being active at a place that was respected by the torrent community. one day the admin of FTN came in and hooked it up.

4) i don't know how to get Hd-BITS as a non-trader. I was supposed to get an invite when they were gonna open regs the other year, again from being active, but then they didn't open it because of the trader/sellers i guess.

good luck!
    Last edited by kurdt; 02-23-2011 at 06:01 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quick someone hand me the facepalm button.

Does this work?

@ the OP's question about HDBits; there's a couple of ways getting in, but they all revolve around knowing a VIP. Either show you can encode/get WEB-DL ep's from the Apple store, etc. Or befriend a VIP by just being yourself or making a name for yourself on another tracker (as OlegL has already mentioned). I guess you could always kiss-ass and get the same result, just figured I would post a semi-serious comment in this thread after the facepalm picture.

/Not on HDB, but know enough people over there/got there by these means. Also, the encoding/WEB-DL help is no big secret, they tried a recruiting drive of sorts, don't know how successful that turned out though.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by kingeater View Post
    Also, the encoding/WEB-DL help is no big secret, they tried a recruiting drive of sorts, don't know how successful that turned out though.
    Cause it costs money no matter what, and you have to have your shit setup properly, that's a small number of people compared to just encoders.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast