Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bitgamer Needs to Fold and Merge with BlackCats

whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeCandy View Post
    Exactumundo!
    I Know of 100 albums that are not yet on what, I got them from Rutracker and other DDL sources.The point to be noted here is that the people that have shared their releases wouldn't have done that on a certain specific tracker for various obvious reasons.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    It's always good to have a choice, always good to have alternatives.
    Plus one. Too much centralization isn't good.

By the way, while I prefer What over Waffles, the latter does have some stuff that can't be found on the former (and viceversa, obviously). I'm pretty sure the same happens with bG and BCG to some degree, although I can't compare them since I'm not really a gamer, and I only have a bG account because I created it when I was one.

Also, some people may prefer the "worse" sites for whatever reason, and that's perfectly fine. Just live and let live...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    For same reason:
    FTN ,E and Pedros should marge with HDBits.
    Xtreme l33tness.
    Teh n00b.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    That would expand the userbase and hence hurt the leetness level. If you want unmatched leetness, create a tracker on your dial-up, let Idoleyes join and close signups. Just make sure you don't allow any HD content.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    If you want unmatched leetness, create a tracker on your dial-up
    One word: donations.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    create a tracker on your dial-up,
    Thats exactly how BCG started actually. it wasnt quite dial up but it wasnt far off, 32KBs upload, on a 800mhz CPU, 8meg GFX, 12 gig hdd laptop

as for merging, it will never happen and tbh we probably have 80% of bitgamers userbase and those 40% of ours (not sure how many members they have got, but guessing its less than us). So pointless merging anyway.

Some members prefer them, others prefer us, each to their own and you cant please everyone 100% of the time. (even though I probably try too much to do so, but its impossible)

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    In a world where we weren't being actively hunted for what we do, centralization would be a good thing. Having a single torrent tracker with the pooled collections and resources of each private site would be fucking epic. A one stop shop for everything. Unfortunately it'd also be a huge unwieldy site to run, and it'd be a massive target for the authorities.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Not to mention that when such a site had server downtime/maintenance, all private torrenting would go to hell until it's back

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Well with all of the pooled resources we'd have backup servers on backup servers
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Disagree why do they need to merge. Like both sites the way they are. Sorry...

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast