Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Libya, here we come...

Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 999969999 View Post
    But this President campaigned on a promise of ending the wars in the middle east.

Where are the anti-war protesters now?

What happened to them, now that Bush is out of office?
    Yeah man, we like need to stop... the UN war machine. We will no longer pay $0.20 to $0.42 on our caramel machiato latte frappe supreme to like, build up more UN army clones and bombs man!
    First, I don't drink "caramel machiato latte frappe supreme." I drink green tea. I plan to be around for a long, long time. My great grandfather on my dad's side of the family is 103 years old and still relatively healthy. He eats right and exercises, and I'm doing the same thing.

Second, isn't it interesting how war is okay as long as there is a leftist agenda and a leftist at the helm?

Third, I am against all of the modern wars because they have been a huge waste of our money and our lives.

Fourth, I don't give a damn about the Libyan people or anyone over in the middle east. If they want to free themselves from a dictator, they can do it on their own, without any help from us. We should not be involved in everyone's business. This is why we are so hated around the world.

And finally, I had to recently register with Selective Service, so, I also have a very personal interest in seeing that this war does not spread out of control to the point where people like me get drafted.
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    惡魔的提倡者

Second, isn't it interesting how war is okay as long as there is a leftist agenda and a leftist at the helm?
    How do you come to that conclusion?
    When I was a kid I was told "We do these things not because they're easy, but because they're hard"

Now all I hear is " I won't do anything unless there's something in it for me"

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Yeah man, we like need to stop... the UN war machine. We will no longer pay $0.20 to $0.42 on our caramel machiato latte frappe supreme to like, build up more UN army clones and bombs man!
    First, I don't drink "caramel machiato latte frappe supreme." I drink green tea. I plan to be around for a long, long time...
    So again, you're either trolling or you really do have a limited capability of separating reality from fantasy. I would check all your other posts but it seems like it would be a boring read.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    First, I don't drink "caramel machiato latte frappe supreme." I drink green tea. I plan to be around for a long, long time...
    So again, you're either trolling or you really do have a limited capability of separating reality from fantasy. I would check all your other posts but it seems like it would be a boring read.
    Based upon your rather incoherent posts, I think you might very well be insane. But then, you are a self-described anarchist. So, potato, potata.
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    So, potato, potata.
    That would be po-tah-to, actually.

A potata is a 'poor tit' in ebonics vernacular.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Based upon your rather incoherent posts, I think you might very well be insane. But then, you are a self-described anarchist. So, potato, potata.
    Anarchy is my ideology, not my lifestyle. In reality I practice apathy, much like everyone else. Also, did you not "get" the post?
    You say potato, I say kill em! kill em all!
    Last edited by mjmacky; 03-22-2011 at 01:03 AM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    Really? This is a problem?

'Liberating' Iraq? Cool. Hanging out there for years? Good times.

But when the UN wants to do it, presumably with less of a 'fuck you world, we've got imaginary weapons to find' kind of attitude, that's where you draw the line?
    I don't want us doing any of it. I'd prefer it if we kindly, butted the fuck out.

yo

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    I don't want us doing any of it. I'd prefer it if we kindly, butted the fuck out.
    Not. Going. To. Happen.

War is big business, and Business is the business of America.
    Yes, that is circular logic but it's worked perfectly for over a century.
    There are markets to open/exploit, suppliers to cajole/command and assets/raw materials to protect.

Much is being made of the "open-endedness" of the Libya action (not to mention the rather casual way we just started bombing another country...I thought Congress was supposed to authorize that sort of thing) but I'm betting that vagueness is exactly the point.

Don tinfoil hat...
    What better way to absorb an entire generation you don't want to educate and provide jobs and health care for than reinstate the draft to bulk up the enforcement arm of corporate America?

The cream of that crop can float into more lucrative private sector paramilitary enforcement.

The dregs will fall into privatized prisons and work.
    1. Prisoners.
    2. Underpants.
    4. Profit!

Everyone else carries on pretty much like now- marginally stable ( imagine your condition if a Japan-like disaster befell you...) and relentlessly distracted.

Today's America could not tolerate peace.
    /recycles tinfoil...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    On December 20, 2007, Obama said this...

"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.

As Commander-in-Chief, the President does have a duty to protect and defend the United States. In instances of self-defense, the President would be within his constitutional authority to act before advising Congress or seeking its consent. History has shown us time and again, however, that military action is most successful when it is authorized and supported by the Legislative branch. It is always preferable to have the informed consent of Congress prior to any military action.

As for the specific question about bombing suspected nuclear sites, I recently introduced S.J. Res. 23, which states in part that “any offensive military action taken by the United States against Iran must be explicitly authorized by Congress.” The recent NIE tells us that Iran in 2003 halted its effort to design a nuclear weapon. While this does not mean that Iran is no longer a threat to the United States or its allies, it does give us time to conduct aggressive and principled personal diplomacy aimed at preventing Iran from developing nuclear weapons."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3G_7...layer_embedded
    Last edited by 999969999; 03-22-2011 at 10:18 PM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Are any of you libs even the least bit discouraged about your illustrious ultra liberal president, who campaigned on promises to end the wars in the middle east, and shut down gitmo, is now starting another war?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast