Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: If The "big Bang" Theory Is Correct...

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    @lynxie: why the string-theory still?, I thought it was outdated/changed to m-theory.

(with the addition of one dimension from the supergravity-theory, the strings have become part of a membrane, floating among other membranes/universes in m-space.)

@UKman: I don't know about the science, but the bible certainly seems to contain instructions for building a society, the best way possible in those days.

Not a christian myself though, so i'm on uncertain ground here

2. Lounge   -   #72
    lynx's Avatar .
    I wasn't proposing that the super-string theory (which is still popular depending on the academic circles) was any good, indeed I was pointing out one of it's shortfalls. I don't know much about m-theory, but if one of the propositions is a super-gravity that seems to partly fit in with what I was suggesting.

However, I was suggesting that we are currently seeing the expansionist part of a vibration, rather than an expansion from nothing, and will be followed by a contracting phase of the vibration. The resulting conclusion is that the universe has always existed.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Lounge   -   #73
    Originally posted by UKMan@12 November 2003 - 15:22

The sign for the co-op (a food store chain) is the 8 on its side - it is or was one of the first food stores in the UK that gave out stamps on every purchase and that you collected to save up and buy stuff with - 
    Course it took you 5 years to save enough stamps for a tin of beans.

4. Lounge   -   #74
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Wednesday+12 November 2003 - 23:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wednesday @ 12 November 2003 - 23:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-UKMan@12 November 2003 - 15:22

The sign for the co-op (a food store chain) is the 8 on its side - it is or was one of the first food stores in the UK that gave out stamps on every purchase and that you collected to save up and buy stuff with -
    Course it took you 5 years to save enough stamps for a tin of beans. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah - dont that just p*ss you off

Snny: Good point.

lynx: was Christ a space dude from the future warning us of our destiny? Just a question that i have often wondered about.

Peace
    UKMan

5. Lounge   -   #75
    Originally posted by lynx@12 November 2003 - 20:09

What limits these vibrations? I certainly don&#39;t know, but it is not necessarily sensible to assume that the forces they are vibrating against cause the limitation, since that would require the assumption that the force increases with distance under certain circumstances. So perhaps it is logical to assume a model like a planetary body in an elliptical orbit. Indeed, could the elliptical orbits of planets, stars etc be taken as the vibration at gravitational level?

there is another force of which we are not aware. If it exists it&#39;s rate of change could be so small that we may not be able to detect it. We have not so far detected the force which holds sub-atomic particles together, perhaps this is another such force.

What about temperature and stress? as per Kepler&#39;s universal harmony theory

6. Lounge   -   #76
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by Wednesday@12 November 2003 - 22:48
    What about temperature and stress? as per Kepler&#39;s universal harmony theory
    Exactly. What about it?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Lounge   -   #77
    Thats too funny

8. Lounge   -   #78
    SniperInTheShadows's Avatar Poster
    I should not have read this thread so late at night, i&#39;m never going to get to sleep now with how my mind&#39;s sorting through all the info everyone&#39;s posted lol

@ UKMan - "lynx: was Christ a space dude from the future warning us of our destiny? Just a question that i have often wondered about" - Perhap&#39;s that might explaine the idea of his rebirth? Born in the future only to die in the past just to be born in the future and on and on, meaning there would be an infinite loop in space and time where everything has actually already happened and will happen again and again. I&#39;m not going to even attempt to take that any further as i&#39;ll just end up confusing myself and probably everyone else along with me lol

Concerning the Big Bang, if space alway&#39;s existed then it must alway&#39;s have been occupied in one form or another (and I don&#39;t mean by life as such, not even by planets or atom&#39;s or partical&#39;s etc) for the Big Bang to have taken place, but if that&#39;s the case then where did space and the required elements for the Big Bang come from? .... trying to pull my mind back together here as I can feel it trying to escape out my ears thinking about this lol ..... If space did not exist though, then there must have been something else for it to come into existence, and if that is true then what came before space?

Was the Big Bang responsible for the existence of space and everything in it, or was space somehow responsible for the Big Bang?

I do not believe that anyone will ever find out how it all started, what was before and what will be after.

Now concerning the vibration&#39;s theory, just a little something that I wondered when I read that (i&#39;d heard it before but didn&#39;t wonder about this) - what if someone discovered the exact frequency of the vibration&#39;s and was able to reproduce them and interupted them? Would space collapse in on itself, would the past, present and future all collapse into one single moment in time where everything and everyone from all those tenses exist at exactly the same moment in time, or would time actually be altered in anyway due to the ripples in the vibration&#39;s that would most likely happen causing the past, present and future to all be altered at exactly the same moment?

Ok, my head&#39;s totaly f&#39;d now and soz if i&#39;ve totaly screwed up my meaning&#39;s and fact&#39;s in my comment&#39;s and question&#39;s lol :-)

&#33;Very&#33; interesting thread UKMan, also very confusing and brain melting lol :-)

Sniper.

9. Lounge   -   #79
    there is a very interesting NOVA episode on string theory, check it out. NOVA

10. Lounge   -   #80
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Wallace_Askew@13 November 2003 - 05:46
    there is a very interesting NOVA episode on string theory, check it out. NOVA
    Nice link - thx - next 3 hours of boredom are saved

Allthough i am more interested in what us laymen think, this is probably very good background stuff - i hope.

Peace
    UKMan

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast