Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grimm

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Btw that make any sense to you as I personally can't see how a game could be a foot?
    It's an Imperial measurement, it's not supposed to make sense
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Btw that make any sense to you as I personally can't see how a game could be a foot?
    It's an Imperial measurement, it's not supposed to make sense
    So true.

I am an aspiring wood worker, and I have even attempted to make everything metric on some projects- Imperial is so embedded in the States that even that becomes a mess trying to convert plans, grabbing a tool, etc. Seriously, when will our educational system collapse to the point where students will be entirely incapable of working with fractions, and we will finally join the rest of the world with metric?
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    When is a nose not a nose ?

When it's a foot!

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsy View Post
    Also none of the actors really scream "star" to me.
    I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode even though I was a bit dubious about what to expect. The old 'mythology' and fairytale side of things left me wondering if it was gonna end up being Buffy-esque (and I couldn't stand Buffy) but I was pleasantly surprised. The first episode has certainly done enough to show that the characters can develop further, not least with Nick discovering what the whole Grimm business is all about.

I think the fact none of the actors screamed "star" was a good thing in so far as I wasn't left with any preconceived ideas about previous roles they played and then comparing them to their current roles..
    I was talking star quality not whether they were recognizable. Someone with "star quality " holds your interest even when not much is going on.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    I was talking star quality not whether they were recognizable. Someone with "star quality " holds your interest even when not much is going on.
    Ah, gotcha... and yeah, I see your point too.

I'm still gonna stay pretty open minded about it as there's still plenty of time for the characters, and of course the actors, to develop... and I've hope that the storyline's are enough to maintain an interest. I'm actually looking forward to them

As an aside, I've just realised the show was created by David Greenwalt and Jim Kouf... no wonder it kinda struck me as being Buffy-esque
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    must admit after 1st episode i thought its just like half dozen others out there in the past,and ep2-3 didnt make me change my thoughts on it,but at same time i watched it to ep3,so it must be a formula that works to a certain degree....

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by FFAxDAVID View Post
    must admit after 1st episode i thought its just like half dozen others out there in the past,and ep2-3 didnt make me change my thoughts on it,but at same time i watched it to ep3,so it must be a formula that works to a certain degree....
    Actually it's growing on me.I still think most of the characters are total duds but there could be something there in the show's mythology.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by FFAxDAVID View Post
    Actually it's growing on me.I still think most of the characters are total duds but there could be something there in the show's mythology.
    That's what's keeping me watching too. Also, after the latest episode I'm quite intrigued as to where things are going to go with David and his boss... Am still giving the characters a chance, only been 4 episodes yet, and I've a sneaky feeling something's gonna develop pretty soon the way Episode 4 ended
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Dunno if anyone's interested or not, but there's a link on the Grimm web page that outlines the Grimm Fairytale each episode is loosely based on. Might fill a few minutes if you're as bored as I've been

http://www.nbc.com/grimm/grimm-guide.../lonelyhearts/

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Grimm is one of the Good Tv show IN persent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12