Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: About Romney's chances to become the Republican nominee

Does anyone notice how the media and dems are saying that Romney is not being transparent now?

Um... hello?

Obama hides behind executive privilege to sweep the worst scandal since Watergate under the rug, and the media looks the other way. Obama hides his college records from public scrutiny when he was a member of various left wing organizations, no one cares. Obama was a member of ACORN, no one cares.

Romney makes some money as a successful businessman, and oh my God! We can't have that! We don't want anyone who knows how to make money from private enterprise! We want a communist to fix our economy!
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by 999969999 View Post
    Does anyone notice how the media and dems are saying that Romney is not being transparent now?

Um... hello?
    Hi.
    They are saying that because he isn't being transparent.
    I'd be interested in hearing his response if asked whether he took advantage of tax amnesty, for instance.

BTW, what exactly is "the worst scandal since Watergate"?
    Please elucidate in your own words.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Please don't say Birther conspiracy or dog munching.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    I'm guessing 9 will say Operation Fast and Furious which will somehow eclipse Bush's Iraq war debacle.
    We'll just have to wait for his cut-n-paste to see.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    We don't want anyone who knows how to make money from private enterprise!
    What we have here is a failure to understand the difference between business and government. I don't need to expand, this conversation has been had before and since 9s refuses to acknowledge any form of intellectual merit, there wouldn't be much of a point to repeat the discussion. I just know that I totally destroyed him with that first line.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16

Um... hello?
    Hi.
    They are saying that because he isn't being transparent.
    I'd be interested in hearing his response if asked whether he took advantage of tax amnesty, for instance.

Please elucidate in your own words.
    No one died in Watergate, but Brian Terry (not to mention the hundreds of Mexicans also killed) is now six feet under because of Fast and Furious, and even after Holder was held in contempt of Congress, for refusing to let us all know the details of their dirty little scheme, Obama stepped in and claimed executive privilege to hide it from public scrutiny.

What is he trying to hide?

Why doesn't he want us to see what he and his administration did?

And here's the bigger question, why is the media sweeping this under the carpet?
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    I don't think you have any idea what this whole "F&F" bullshit tempest is all about.
    The details of the "dirty little scheme"- which for your edification, is simply a continuance of policies/actions begun under Bush- were all released, not even Darryl Issa denies that.
    What was withheld was discussions between the Executive office and the DOJ about the aftermath of the operation.
    An identical response to the one that Bush/Cheney gave to inquiries about the formulation of their energy policy.
    Sorry kid but you don't get to climb a high horse over something that all Presidents (including your beloved Reagan) have routinely done.

You are aware of course that all this is a result of the Republican/NRA desire to make gun sales as easy as buying Coke: they have refused to allow any legislation that requires background checks and reporting to the ATF...so what do you think is going to happen?
    Mexico has tougher gun laws than we do.

Your concern for the Mexican nationals is touching, albeit totally fake.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    How did you know I have a horse?

Yes, I am aware that Fast and Furious was an ill conceived plan to chip away at the 2nd Amendment.

Mexico has a lot of tougher laws than we do. Including immigration laws. We could learn a lot from them.

Speaking of Reagan, what would the Duke do in this instance? Would he lie and try to cover it up and hide behind executive privilege? I don't think so.

If the most transparent administration in all time has nothing to hide about Fast and Furious, why was Holder held in contempt of Congress for refusing to provide the information requested? Why would Obama resort to executive privilege when he earlier claimed to know nothing about it? Why is he hiding behind executive privilege? What does he not want us to know? What is he ashamed of?

I am sure he doesn't want the voters to know what his administration has been up to, and so it is understandable. But the bigger question is why isn't the media jumping all over this? If this was Bush's fucked up mistake, the media would be all over it, and giddy about asking him uncomfortable questions about it every chance they got. They wouldn't let this die down and then sweep it under the carpet.

Brian Terry is rotting in the ground. His family wants answers. Don't they deserve to know all the details which led to his death?

And don't the voters and the taxpayers deserve to know?
    Last edited by 999969999; 07-20-2012 at 02:02 PM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    It seemed inevitable.

After all your exhaustive research into the subject, what is it specifically you'd like explained?
    You keep hinting at all these nefarious and murky plans based on hidden info that you seem certain exists, so precisely what do you expect to find if you got what you ask for?

As for Reagan, two words...Iran Contra.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    It seemed inevitable.
    Thanks Clocky! This made me laugh!

You are definitely one of the funniest posters on here, and I do appreciate your humor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast