Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Two new fairy-tale dramas: Once Upon a Time and Grimm

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    What is the point of all this efficiency if not to minimize the drudge of work and chores?
    You want to free up your time so you can work more?

Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    Efficiency allows me to get more done in a day. That's why it's efficient.
    Circular logic is quite efficient but also cheating.

Oh and lets go back to the weird questions. First off, you'd be amazed at the number of people that don't use the traffic maps yet have smartphones. Having a tool and using it are two different things. This is also CaptainObvious. People are also dumb. I still see people speed up.....to a red light. I have a stretch of road I travel where the lights are timed for 20mph. People continue to speed up to each light. I coast along at 20mph through all the lights.
    So this wonderful efficiency enhancing tool really only works if everyone else uses it as well? That seems like quite a major flaw to me.

Wanting something at the last minute has shinola to do with the inefficiency of smartphones. You use smartphones for for what YOU want not the other way around. Funny enough, I used my phones very recently to save money. I had a person to do the labor on my car but I needed the parts right then. Advance Auto Parts had online coupons $20 off $50. I got the call to bring my car in soon and had no time to go home.
    I placed multiple orders of $50, used the $20 online coupon each time, and did in-store pick-up. I got $200 worth of stuff for $120, they had my stuff waiting, I paid, and rolled on to the shop.
    Congrats, sounds like a good deal.
    How much did the phone cost for that month?

Your last question is near nonsensical. Everything has a cost. Who said anything about 100% (or even 95%) efficiency. Learn what MORE efficient means.

Your inability to grasp this simple concept makes either incredibly dumb or just thick. Great book knowledge but without a shred of common sense.
    Let's make this simple.
    You sell a product/service.
    As more people buy the product/sign up for the service, your supply chain should become more efficient, hence cheaper.
    Your income expands because your customer base grows but the cost to the individual goes down because of economy of scale.
    Presumably, this is exactly how your phone bill works.
    You get free text (which costs the provider nothing anyway), unlimited data and decreasing hardware costs because that is how capitalism says the system is supposed to work.
    We (as in "we the people") grant licensing rights to the airwaves we own, to corporations who promise "X" level of service at "Y" level of cost.

The very concept of efficiency you're so enamored with says that the level of service should be increasing and the cost should be decreasing.
    Is this in fact so?

What would happen if you turned the phone off for a week?
    Who would be most inconvenienced by that?
    Hoi, you posted all of that cuz you don't understand the logic of missing heaps of traffic and the missus can zip a grocery list instantly to me (among a host of other things) while I'm out?

Oh snap! This is getting pathetic.

If sending message by raven works for you, kewel. Obviously you do what works for you and fits your budget.
    Last edited by Busyman; 07-13-2012 at 02:30 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Movies & TV   -   #52
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Did you know that in China the family of an executed prisoner must pay for the bullet that kills him?
    I wonder if they're as grateful as you.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Movies & TV   -   #53
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Did you know that in China the family of an executed prisoner must pay for the bullet that kills him?
    Z

Lining them up and knocking them down or in this case maybe Down's.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Movies & TV   -   #54
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Made In China

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Z

Lining them up and knocking them down or in this case maybe Down's.
    Subtle reference to mongoloids? Faaaantastical.
    Last edited by Busyman; 07-13-2012 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456