Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nav Is Bullshit!

Ron's Avatar Poster
    Check the verifieds section here.
    I got it there.
    It's complete and works just fine for me.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Someone please give this poor guy a hash!

out of all the working versions of NAV out there, he's pretty lucky to download the fake one...

props to u.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    hello, this may be a stupid question, if so i apologize
    If you download NAV and haven’t paid for it, you still need to get your updates from symatec. When you do so, i assume you need a current subscription, right? So, when your liveupdate runs to get the new definitions, doesn’t symantec "know" that you didnt pay for the initial software?

part 2: I currently am running an old version of NAV (2001 or 2000, forget which and i'm on a different computer now), so if i install the new version from verifieds, can i continue using my current updates subscription?

part 3: do i even need to get the new software or can i keep running the old software and just get new subscriptions....

sorry for hijacking someone else’s thread...and if this is a stupid questions

thanks!
    nips

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    neevakee's Avatar the bad spelller BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    the problem with NAV is you have to register to get live update, but you can put down fake info and it works just the same. If you Dont register live update might not work

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    TRshady
    Nope, you don't need to register at all, just chose to skip it when you install. It'll work fine. In my opion NAV is definetly the best, I dont use it because it uses a fair bit of cpu power, for this reason I use AVG.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    neevakee's Avatar the bad spelller BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Originally posted by TRshady@7 March 2003 - 17:03
    Nope, you don't need to register at all, just chose to skip it when you install. It'll work fine. In my opion NAV is definetly the best, I dont use it because it uses a fair bit of cpu power, for this reason I use AVG.
    it didn't for me with Internet security 2003, but it might for you i don't know. They didn't get any real info so i don't care

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Originally posted by neevakee@8 March 2003 - 00:01
    the problem with NAV is you have to register to get live update, but you can put down fake info and it works just the same. If you Dont register live update might not work
    u don't have to register to get live update, and there is a crack that will give u infinite subscriber time.

look for it at

astalavista.box.sk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12