Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Riaa Ips

Poster
    Originally posted by supersonic@26 November 2003 - 23:11
    Use an IP harvestor
    enter the message and ...
    But i dont have it
    My 'IP Harvester' is K-Dat -- it retains source information for downloads.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    internet.news
    If I block these IP Adresses - Iwouldnot get so many faked files
    offered by the RIAA?

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by internet.news@27 November 2003 - 09:53
    If I block these IP Adresses - Iwouldnot get so many faked files
    offered by the RIAA?
    Yes, it will reduce the numbers considerably.

However, average users who have ALREADY downloaded the fakes may still share to you.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by DenDen2004@25 November 2003 - 22:54
    if you havent noticed all the names had numbers after them.. when there is such a high number of 'people' with numbers never download from them.. its the first sign of a file being fake..
    well you can't always avoid them, sometimes you download a file that has many sources and in this case you can't choose the sources manually, it uses them all, so that's a limitation, hope that there's gonna be a solution somewhere in the future (maybe a 'don't use this source' feature when right click on file in traffic tab, that's something that could be add to kl extensions)

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster

Nice work everybody and it certainly corresponds to the work we've been doing on the peer guardian forum.
    As for user names these are generally changed every 6 hours i've noticed and unfortunately they don't accept messages as i have tried to send my greetings to these goons many times

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by RileyF+27 November 2003 - 12:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RileyF @ 27 November 2003 - 12:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DenDen2004@25 November 2003 - 22:54
    if you havent noticed all the names had numbers after them.. when there is such a high number of &#39;people&#39; with numbers never download from them.. its the first sign of a file being fake..
    well you can&#39;t always avoid them, sometimes you download a file that has many sources and in this case you can&#39;t choose the sources manually, it uses them all, so that&#39;s a limitation, hope that there&#39;s gonna be a solution somewhere in the future (maybe a &#39;don&#39;t use this source&#39; feature when right click on file in traffic tab, that&#39;s something that could be add to kl extensions) [/b][/quote]
    However, you WON&#39;T be getting any parts of a file from one of the BLOCKED ips.

The only solution that might work is "limit sources to x" for all downloads, so you try to get a file from only 1 source at a time. Chances are, for an MP3 file, you could still get the whole file so long as you find 1 good source.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Out of curiousity, if these companies post fake files, wouldn&#39;t they get logging your IP and passing it onto the RIAA lawyers for ISP subpena?, or does it not count because you aren&#39;t in possession of the original because it is inherently screwed up (ie fake)?

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by IWishAnon2609@27 November 2003 - 22:15
    Out of curiousity, if these companies post fake files, wouldn&#39;t they get logging your IP and passing it onto the RIAA lawyers for ISP subpena?, or does it not count because you aren&#39;t in possession of the original because it is inherently screwed up (ie fake)?
    That is a VERY good question... and the answer is simply:
    Even THEY don&#39;t know if the files you have are their fakes or not.

But they will claim copyrights even on the fakes, so it may be a moot point.

HOWEVER, fair use allows up to 30 seconds of a copyrighted work for criticism, personal use, etc -- so long as it doesn&#39;t economically impact the copyright holder.

I would argue that the fakes certainly don&#39;t HELP their sales... but RIAA is doing them because it thinks it might indirectly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12