Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is the online piracy community dead?

Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/stephen...come-true/amp/

The cable companies and other media giants are looking to turn streaming back into cable subscriptions. That'll mean more people will return to piracy. Corporate greed is eternal...
    I'm still alive, but barely*.

(They almost nabbed me with that "Area 51" shite.)

*I do like watching the rockets taking off and capsule & stages landing from my clandestine Florida complex. Mankind is rising up so well and fast! They most times don't even cover the launches live anymore, so yes we stream away.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Good to see you, my friend!

For every Elon Musk, there's 1000 Kardashits. Technology is moving right along, but humanity seems to be struggling. We'll see how the 2020 vote goes...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Good to see you, my friend!

.... but humanity seems to be struggling. We'll see how the 2020 vote goes...
    Indeed it definitely is in other respects and we will!

(Yes, it's also good to see you too!)
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Over the decades I have seen a lot. There was a moment back in about 2005 (or was it 7) when Suprnova got taken down ... that really made me think, and it has never been the same. The community is not dead, it has changed. I believe a lot of people are heading back to Usenet ... or never left in the first place.

Reddit is also a great place!

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    almost dead. thinking about canceling my newsgroup service.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by dudfile View Post
    Over the decades I have seen a lot. There was a moment back in about 2005 (or was it 7) when Suprnova got taken down ...
    I remember Suprnova, I remember Mininova, I remember (more recently but still ten years ago) Scandinavian trackers going apeshit during the Pirate Bay trial.

And last but not least, I remember Demonoid, the loss of which is the biggest of this decade in the torrent world
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Everyone cut out cable due to high prices, thinking that Netflix and Amazon were the way to go. For awhile they were right. Now everyone wants their piece of the pie & we're going to have to pay monthly for ESPN, Disney, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc...I think we will soon see another Golden Age of piracy. Media companies are going to kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    It will be interesting to see if competition drives the overall prices down for the consumer or up as they need to cover off their viewing with many subscriptions. Of course competition is the way the market is supposed to work but sometimes the consumer benefits early on when their is a monopoly (until the prices go up). This is what we are seeing. Many of the people still downloading instead of streaming are old school and do it more for fun than because they have to (in this category)

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    It ain't dead.....

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Streaming has it's share of problems the biggest fault, buffering. This is why I'll continue to use Usenet.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast