Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: What's on your mind ?

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    FWIW, getting ready to watch Chernobyl - I'm aware it isn't an accurate recollection of Soviet party dynamics, but it should be distracting enough.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Lounge   -   #172
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Meg,you're a big Star Wars fan ie homo so I assume you've been anticipating this The Mandalorian show like a tween girl does a Demi Lovato release.

I watched the trailer and amazingly pig Nolte still looks like Nick Nolte only less gross.
    Disney has just completely wrecked Star Wars. It was sooo much better when it was a made by a small, private company with inexpensive, yet creative special effects, and that cared more about storytelling and staying true to the characters than producing a profit and spinning off merchandise.

I believe it's unfair that Nick Nolte is expected to be the only homeless man in Hollywood to have to keep working. I say let the poor man sleep in his own vomit and push his shopping cart around in peace!!!
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #173
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    FWIW, getting ready to watch Chernobyl - I'm aware it isn't an accurate recollection of Soviet party dynamics, but it should be distracting enough.
    I watched it. It's hard to say it was enjoyable, but it was fascinating, and very well done indeed.

4. Lounge   -   #174
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Meg,you're a big Star Wars fan ie homo so I assume you've been anticipating this The Mandalorian show like a tween girl does a Demi Lovato release.

I watched the trailer and amazingly pig Nolte still looks like Nick Nolte only less gross.
    Disney has just completely wrecked Star Wars. It was sooo much better when it was a made by a small, private company with inexpensive, yet creative special effects, and that cared more about storytelling and staying true to the characters than producing a profit and spinning off merchandise.

I believe it's unfair that Nick Nolte is expected to be the only homeless man in Hollywood to have to keep working. I say let the poor man sleep in his own vomit and push his shopping cart around in peace!!!
    I love anything star wars, so I'm looking forward to it!

Also, being a bit of a Trekkie, I'm looking forward to Picard too.

5. Lounge   -   #175
    I was just mirroring/mocking some of the complaints I'd see elsewhere. Disney has really cranked up production, but they are offering what there's a demand for. I enjoy taking my kids to the theater to watch the major releases. The original Star Wars was one of the very first movie-going experiences I had. I believe they were called 'talkies' back then..
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Lounge   -   #176
    And big YES on Picard!

7. Lounge   -   #177
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I've seen Fan Boys at least twice so I'm not buying for a minute this "I like both Star Wars and Star Trek" crap.

Nerds really need to better respect tradition and pick a side to LARP to.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Lounge   -   #178
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Question. What do the title character in the new Picard series and Her Majesty Elizabeth the Second have in common?

Answer. They're both now old queens.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. Lounge   -   #179
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    The original Star Wars was one of the very first movie-going experiences I had. I believe they were called 'talkies' back then..
    I had to leave the local premier when I became stricken with PCB poisoning as Chewbacca put his ass in the seat next to Solo.

Up until that point, it was a pretty good flick...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. Lounge   -   #180
    I've seen Fan Boys at least twice so I'm not buying for a minute this "I like both Star Wars and Star Trek" crap.

Nerds really need to better respect tradition and pick a side to LARP to.
    What can I say, I've always been a fan of both

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast