Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lounge Lizards Please Read....

BANNED
    Originally posted by pol@26 November 2003 - 23:32
    thats a joke right

what you would be trying to accomplish, ie bring people 'out of their shell' or ' give confidence' etc can be done just as well in here as anywhere. peoples characters would emerge just the same, some funny, some aggressive, some ....

if i visited a board for the first time to find that i had to go through some kind of nursey stage before i could join in with the big boys id be like....'f*ck that'

if people want to post then they post, whats the big deal. and how do you qualify as a n00b, this is supposed to be a forum about filesharing / computers etc. - if i joined when i did and someone joined today it doesnt mean i know more or are more qualified to make posts about software / whatever
    Why don't you read the fucking post before you spout off and make yourself look stupid! No-one said it should be compulsary.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by SensualGardening@26 November 2003 - 15:36
    In additio to BD's idea:

Noobs coming from KinderGarten should pass a LoungeLizzard-exam!!!

Yogi-StillNoob
    You dont have to rub it in you dont like my idea SG

I was hoping for some genuine comments and suggestions. As usuall, lizards are not to be trusted.

Some of you obviously have not the slightest idea of what im talking about. Im very well aware that newbies or anyone else for that matter can just jump in anywhere on this site and post - and rightly so.

BUT - my trusty lizards, the lounge is somewhat different in that its a place to get to know people, settle down and just generally have fun. BUT, and this is a fact, a LOT of new members ARE VERY intimidated because this place is frequented for the most by regulars.

I want new faces in here to bring new life and new content to this room.

Thats all im suggesting. One way to accomplish this would be some sort of title to show that at least in this room thay are very welcome to come in, siot down and join in without the risk of being jumped on and flamed at the first word.

Now if you guys cant understand that, then dont bother - the ones that do bother or care will help out.

Peace
    UKMan

3. Lounge   -   #23
    cowswithguns's Avatar Poster
    I'm sure a heap of nOObs would be daunted by the Lounge...I know I was when I first arrived...still am to a certain extent!

Some people are natural extroverts and make friends easily whereas the shyer ones often hold back for fear of being flamed.

I think anything that helps newbies settle in is welcome.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean+26 November 2003 - 14:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean &#064; 26 November 2003 - 14:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-pol@26 November 2003 - 23:32
    thats a joke right

what you would be trying to accomplish, ie bring people &#39;out of their shell&#39; or &#39; give confidence&#39; etc can be done just as well in here as anywhere. peoples characters would emerge just the same, some funny, some aggressive, some ....

if i visited a board for the first time to find that i had to go through some kind of nursey stage before i could join in with the big boys id be like....&#39;f*ck that&#39;

if people want to post then they post, whats the big deal. and how do you qualify as a n00b, this is supposed to be a forum about filesharing / computers etc. - if i joined when i did and someone joined today it doesnt mean i know more or are more qualified to make posts about software / whatever
    Why don&#39;t you read the fucking post before you spout off and make yourself look stupid&#33; No-one said it should be compulsary.

[/b][/quote]
    what are you talking about, compulsory ?

I think there should be a whole area for nOObs. Give them somewhere to talk to each other for a month before they venture out onto the big board for good. Don&#39;t let anyone in who&#39;s been here for more than a month. Base it on their sign-up date, after one month they can&#39;t access the area any more. They can still access the rest of the board during the month, but will have other nOObs to talk to and gain confidence.
    where in that piece of piss does it say you have a choice ?

you posted a stupid idea, and i replied with what i thought of that stupid idea.

and learn to spell before you call someone stupid

5. Lounge   -   #25
    AussieSheila's Avatar Dazed & Confused

6. Lounge   -   #26
    BANNED
    Originally posted by pol@27 November 2003 - 00:00

you posted a stupid idea, and i replied with what i thought of that stupid idea.

They can still access the rest of the board during the month, but will have other nOObs to talk to and gain confidence.
    This bit stupid, or can&#39;t you read English?

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Originally posted by UKMan+26 November 2003 - 16:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (UKMan @ 26 November 2003 - 16:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SensualGardening@26 November 2003 - 15:36
    In additio to BD&#39;s idea:

Noobs coming from KinderGarten should pass a LoungeLizzard-exam&#33;&#33;&#33;

Yogi-StillNoob
    You dont have to rub it in you dont like my idea SG

[/b][/quote]
    Fixed it.

Yogi

8. Lounge   -   #28
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean+26 November 2003 - 14:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 26 November 2003 - 14:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pol@26 November 2003 - 23:32
    thats a joke right

what you would be trying to accomplish, ie bring people &#39;out of their shell&#39; or &#39; give confidence&#39; etc can be done just as well in here as anywhere. peoples characters would emerge just the same, some funny, some aggressive, some ....

if i visited a board for the first time to find that i had to go through some kind of nursey stage before i could join in with the big boys id be like....&#39;f*ck that&#39;

Why don&#39;t you read the fucking post before you spout off and make yourself look stupid&#33; No-one said it should be compulsary.

[/b][/quote]
    showing your true colors, eh Billy?

but wait, i must have overlooked something. even if you were&#39;nt allowed in an area based on your sign-up date, what about proxies? am i missing something? multiple accounts? changed netblocks?

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean+26 November 2003 - 15:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean &#064; 26 November 2003 - 15:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-pol@27 November 2003 - 00:00

They can still access the rest of the board during the month, but will have other nOObs to talk to and gain confidence.
    This bit stupid, or can&#39;t you read English?

[/b][/quote]
    lol

well this part, to me, reads like they can access areas but not post..

They can still access the rest of the board during the month, but will have other nOObs to talk to and gain confidence
    ..as they still have other &#39;n00bs&#39; to talk to so as to "gain cofindence" in themselves before entering the dark & mysterious lounge

ps - please stop calling me stupid billy boy as it really is too much to bare, and we cant all be geniuses and come up with great ideas for the board like yourself

i look forward to seeing the new section of the board totally devoted to "n00bs"

10. Lounge   -   #30
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Well considering I on&#39;t come in the Lounge much I should&#39;nt be reading this

I have stated before that the way Newbies are welcomed is&#39;nt always good, it depends largly on the way they introduce themselfs, I remember one guy came in, started a new thread and just posted.......

"I&#39;m new...........wazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzup"

At which point everybody ignored that fact he was new and took the piss for saying "Wazzzzzzzzzzzup", he got flamed and left within an hour, so there are 2 sides to the story

1= Introduce yourself as a normal person and just say hi

2= The regulars should not yake the piss out of n00bs

A seperate room I don&#39;t think would be the answer, it would just end up a seperate Lounge, when would they leave it, they would find their own little group and stick with it.

Thats my opinion anyway

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast