Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: K-lite Shut Down

Originally posted by 2Pac_4_Life@7 December 2003 - 09:43
    I was reading an article in the zeropaid site that said that sharman was gonna shutdown this website.

You can go read the article your self if you want

http://www.zeropaid.com/news/article.../12052003h.php
    Heres one of the more informative topics on this in this forum. Theres more in "About our website and this Forum".

http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=86228
    SMARTY SMARTY HAD A PARTY NOBODY CAME BUT SMARTY

2. File Sharing   -   #42
    Thanks to the developers for the great mods and i hope there will be a way out

3. File Sharing   -   #43
    I will definetly upload a copy on a server out of the US, and send to people. I'll also put it in My Shared Folder... ^_^

4. File Sharing   -   #44
    Gents,

What ever happens, don't panic. That's exactly what Sharman hopes will happen. The smart thing to do is to continue, but be smart about it.

Random_Nut, do not give up. Know that K-lite is the best p2p software I have ever used, an opinion shared by many. The doa site has also taught me a lot about computer security, like the hosts file, spybot, etc... And for this, I am grateful.

I have donated in past. If you re-start, know that I will support with $$. Know that its a big world, and no one can stop a good thing whose time has come, and especially when people like me are willing to support with $. Know that K-lite is a far, far better PRODUCT than the poor excuses masquarading as "products" that Sharman offers. Your time is here and now - do not sucumb.

What ever happens, DO NOT THROW IN THE TOWEL. Many countries, like China, Russia, etc... to name a few, can easily provide servers out of reach to the legal leeches. Use them. Just don't quit.

Johnny.

5. File Sharing   -   #45
    I have been off the net for a month and a half and I get back on and come to the kazza lite board and theres talk of K-lite being shut down or something! What happened...I can't read any of the links in the post because they won't load!
    Then I try to search for news and then I search for the Kazza lite site and now theres a Kazza-legal site where you have to pay a one time membership and all this jazz! What happened....did the RIAA get to Kazza And Kazza Lite?
    Why did Sharmen do this? Like I asked before what the hell is going on?

6. File Sharing   -   #46

7. File Sharing   -   #47
    Thanx! But the program still works...so does this mean it will get slower and then die out? Is this news as bad as it seems because the program still works!?

8. File Sharing   -   #48
    Originally posted by KdOdom7@7 December 2003 - 22:24
    Thanx! But the program still works...so does this mean it will get slower and then die out? Is this news as bad as it seems because the program still works!?
    Ehhhhhhhh...

9. File Sharing   -   #49
    Old Fella
    So long as those who have used it keep using then should be business as normal. Problem will be people that want to hook up will have trouble finding the KLite program so it needs to be shared by other means, either through other P2P apps, or on peoples websites.

10. File Sharing   -   #50
    Double Agent
    eh?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast