Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddam Hussein Captured

wormless's Avatar Beauty
    @lamsey what the download 4?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Poster
    hey he would have been caught if we had INVADED afghanistan in 2001 or early 2002 like we should have!

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey+14 December 2003 - 15:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 14 December 2003 - 15:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@14 December 2003 - 13:19
    <!--QuoteBegin-"The Avatar Man"
    @14 December 2003 - 15:16
    its all a distraction to try to make people forget that bin laden is still out there.

That is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever seen anyone post here.
    You forget Hypo.

Fantastic news that Hussein is captured - let us hope that the Allies deal with him in an appropriate manner. [/b][/quote]
    1 - No I didn&#39;t.

2 - See my earlier.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by wormless@14 December 2003 - 13:31
    Its an example of why "The Avatar Man"s post was not quite the stupidest thing ever seen on the board. A small sample of distilled Hypoluxa.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Poster
    well if tony blair is correct then my question is answered.he just said it is the iraqui people who will decide his fate

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    [i]Originally posted by uNz@14 December 2003 - 08:51
    A couple of points I&#39;ve gleaned from the news reports that are a bit worrying.

1 They want to try him in Iraq, and that&#39;s fair enough.
    2 There&#39;s talk that the US want to give him the death penalty.

While I can certainly understand why the US would want that, isn&#39;t it the Iraqi people who should decide his fate?
    Keep in mind that there really is no firm judicial system in Iraq at the present outside of the American authorities. U could wait until one is established, but that may be years down the road and many of his victims mau not want to wait that long.

War crimes trials are a tricky topic anyway. Unless they are the result of an internal revolution, crimes against humanity are rarely tried under local jurisdiction b/c of efforts to establish gov&#39;ts — Germany, Japan, Serbia, etc. What will probably happen is that he is tried by an American led tribunal in Iraq. It would be a serious question as to whether a standard US court has standing to try him criminally under US law — there are no actually US crimes that were actually committed outside of the conduct of war.

BTW: Considering the justice system in the Middle East, what leads one to believe that the biggest lynch mob wouldn&#39;t be composed of the Iraqi people? Anyone care to name the last dictator in the region that wasn&#39;t killed upon losing power, short of fleeing the country, of course?
    My Best Quality MoviesMy Live Concerts — [url='http://rapidshare.de/files/22222332/My_Shares.xls.html[/url]

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    Originally posted by Lamsey+14 December 2003 - 14:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 14 December 2003 - 14:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-wormless@14 December 2003 - 13:31
    Its an example of why "The Avatar Man"s post was not quite the stupidest thing ever seen on the board. A small sample of distilled Hypoluxa. [/b][/quote]
    ok thanx lamsey i just wondered

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Poster
    The news seems to be confirming that it will be a trial in Iraq.

What court / tribunal it will be is still unclear. As is who will sit on it.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    guit_steel - All good points. I have a feeling you may be right about the Tribunal, but I seriously hope that the US don&#39;t lead it.

While my view may upset some,(deal) I don&#39;t think the US can be impartial in this case.
    In fact, the less the US has to do with Saddam from this point on, the better it will be for US-Iraq relations, imho.

I do suspect now that even though Saddam won&#39;t be going to The Hague for his trial, it&#39;s quite likely that The Hague will go to Saddam...

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Poster
    Prepare yourself for two things.

1. I&#39;m a very sick old man, who is unfit to stand trial and I won&#39;t really know what is going on.

2. I am totally insane and always have been. I am not and never was responsible for my actions. How else can anyone explain the things I was responsible for.

Either way, just keep me in reasonably comfortable custody for the rest of my life. I won&#39;t be a danger to anyone.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast