Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who Do Trust More?

Its magic baby!
    Originally posted by ilw+22 December 2003 - 12:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ilw @ 22 December 2003 - 12:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Wizard_Mon1@20 December 2003 - 17:03
    In the U.K.&nbsp; bbc news was censored in order to get people behind the country and government.
    really, in what way? [/b][/quote]
    tmaybe censored isnt teh right word but they use a style of reporting that leads the viewer in a certain direction. for example news topics were first cleared by the gov. before broadcast. also wording surrounding weapons of mass destruction was always we have not found them YET&#33;
    Wiz.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Poster
    I&#39;ve always favoured the BBC&#39;s 24 News as I feel they care more about presenting the news than trying to get higher ratings like the more "commercial" news stations of ITV and Sky. But of course this gives me a British bias towards the news, I rarely bother with the American news stations.

Unless you have the time to watch ALL the newstations you are going to encounter some bias to someone, so you can&#39;t really win...

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    i dont know but ill keep my eye to the sky and my ears :music1: to the ground

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    Originally posted by camille@18 December 2003 - 08:41
    I think CNN has a balanced news and fearless views.
    i agree with you 100%.
    i have sky tv here and out of all of the news channels available cnn is the best as it is comprhensive with the news.
    when the war against iraq started all the other news channels had the heading war against terror or war agaianst iraq and cnn was the only to headline it" attack against iraq" but after about 2 months they changed it...that must have been pressure from right wing ppl

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    *Grunt*
    Yep iam with the BBC on this one, somone mentioned about it being censored well with the hutton enqiry they cant be too carefull about whats being said. As for fox their reporters are the most idiotic people in the world one of their reported was sacked and removed from iraq for drawing a detailed map containing info about the location of the US troops as well as the intended routes for the rest of the war, showed it to live TV and left it in the middle of the road.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    The Irony of this situation is that
    i just received a letter from my tv provider
    that
    1.the costs will go up.
    2.6 more channels added.
    3. They are replacing BBC with CNN

I guess CNN offers more cash than BBC......

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    I don&#39;t know why exactly but BBC has always been my favorite... out of all the news channels BBC is the one which seems to be the least biased... but i haven&#39;t watched the news in about 3 months because it is too depressing

this is my first post btw

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@18 December 2003 - 08:45
    Executive Intelligence Review - that&#39;s the ticket.

"The Lyndon Letter", huh?

"Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123