View Poll Results: Death penalty, are you for or against?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • No i'm against deathpenalty

43 36.44%
  • No, i'm against deathpenalty.. but in some cases i think..... (specify)

27 22.88%
  • Yes, i'm for deathpenalty

44 37.29%
  • No opinion

4 3.39%
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Death Penalty

The death penalty was abolished in the UK around the late 50s,but it has been questioned by the murders of Jessica & Holly last August 2002, even Ian Huntley's own Mother has stated he should hang,although the death penalty has caused many innocent people to die,with DNA evidence is now available,It is now time to rethink the death penalty in the UK.But the main problem being the anti do good society,who in my mind has caused a culture of we do not give a toss unless it happens to us.The Police in the UK are a pathetic bunch of lazy workshy tossers,you never see a copper on the beat no more,because they are on the TV or flying about in a helicopter,instead of doing what they are paid to do & that is to serve & protect.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Hey, if I was banged up with a "Never To Be Released" sign around my neck I'd off myself just to save the hundrends of thousands of dollars it would cost to imprison me for the next 60 years
    Yeah like if i was in jail for 60 years i would be thinking to kill my self to save the prison money

Saving money for the prison would be the absolute last thing on my mind (i dont think it would be in my mind) I would be worried about getting my ass kicked.

And yes, i think death is an easy way out. WOuld you rather be dead or have your ass used as big jabba's sex toy for the rest of your life.

Then again, if you were some kick ass fighter, you might like the idea of going to jail for the fights. I know i would (if i could fight bad ass).

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Double Agent
    there is no death penalties in Canada

only happy times in jail, smokin weeds, drinkin beer

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Poster
    Originally posted by FatBastard@19 December 2003 - 09:06
    I'm for the death penalty if it can be proved beyond any doubt the person was guilty. That arsehole who killed the two little girls in Soham deserves nothing less.
    Aside from the fact that I am totally against the death penalty, under any circumstances. That would not work, how could you ever remove any and all doubt.

The arsehole in Soham wants the death penalty. It is more punishment and more of a deterrent to keep him in prison for the next 50 or 60 years. He is a constant reminder to us of what some people are capable of. He will also be kept in practical isolation, other than the obligatory guards looking the other way for his beatings.

You only have to look at Brady and Hindley and how their continued existence has served as a reminder to us all. We even force fed him to keep him alive, when he tried to starve to death.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    I have a cracker of a question for the members of this board (who oppose the death penalty). However I feel that it would cause this thread to be closed. So I will refrain from asking said question.

I oppose the death penalty for the following reasons:
    • Prison for the rest of a persons life would be much more unbearable*
    • Society does not yet have fullproof methods to determine the verdict of a trial
    • I can't think of any more

*Probably not the case if you live in the United Kingdom as I have heard the justice system their has extremely short sentences for dangerous crimes.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Poster
    Originally posted by ThePlasticSurgeon@19 December 2003 - 17:26
    I have a cracker of a question for the members of this board (who oppose the death penalty). However I feel that it would cause this thread to be closed. So I will refrain from asking said question.

Oh - go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on,go on, go on, go on, go on, go on.

You know you want to and we love cracking questions. It will take a lot to get a thread closed here. We are much more liberal in our tolerance of the extreme. Indeed it is positively encouraged.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    just ask it, I'm sure it'll be fine. Worst comes to the worst the posts can be removed

PS i don't really know for sure, but i'm under the impression that the UK is not that light on punishment, but there are occasional cases in the media...

Edit: just saw Mrs Doyle's post

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    I'm for the death penalty

What good does a lifetime imprisonment do? Isn't locking them away just cruel?

plus I'm sure the taxes that pay for the rope to hang someone is less than that to feed and house them
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    This is your last warning. Scroll down to see the specific question:

If you are against the death penalty are you also against abortions? If not then please explain why?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    been there done that thread

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast