Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: R & B ?

FatBastard
    The Rolling Stones were a Rhythm'n'Blues band, so were the Yardbirds. In the 60's there were two distinct types of (pop) music in Britain. One was based on Rock'n'Roll, ie. The Beatles, and one on Blues, ie. The Stones. The Beatles were a pop band, couldn't play their instruments, and appealed to the lowest common denomenator. Where I grew up in West London we had heaps of real music, and it was based on Blues and Jazz. That's why the Beatles weren't as popular in London as the rest of the country. On the first gig of their first national tour they had the Yardbirds as their backing band. After that first gig, at Hammersmith Odean, the Yardbirds were sacked. The reason was the crowd were chanting for the Yardbirds to come back on, during the Beatles' set. The Beatles were crap, and were panned by the London music press.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Notorious B.I.G. was one of the first. His music was very R&Bish
    i like that song "im f*cking you tonight"

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Poster
    Real rythym and blues from the master, Jimmy Reed >>

Baby What You Want Me To Do.wma

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Knowledge is Power
    Rap and bullshit... I believe...

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Knowledge is Power
    Originally posted by Busyman+20 December 2003 - 14:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 20 December 2003 - 14:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Keikan@20 December 2003 - 04:53
    I thought it was rap & something else
    It has been called Rap & Bullshit. This old term was used for rappers that fell off by trying to merge rap and R&B. [/b][/quote]
    Missed this, somehow...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345